Witcher 3

lapal_fan

• 3 months later...

I'm still trudging on!

18 months after buying the game.

I checked my stats at the weekend. I've played for 80 hours. Which is less than I thought. And if it supposedly can take up to 300 hours then I'm about 5 years from finishing :D

In all seriousness, I'm back on one of my waves of playing the game. It's hard to get back into when you put it down for a while.

I bought "The Miraculous Guide to Gwent" from a shopkeeper which tells me I only have 6 cards left to find and 7 to win. All in Skellige. So i should be able to complete that quest, which would be amazing.
Although I'm still confused, because I went back to Novigrad to clear up some side quests and was in a tavern and there was just a Gwent card lying there on the table. I was able to pick it up and add it to my inventory. but the book said I had none left in Novigrad.

Also made the switch to a Nilfgaardian deck. it's way better than the Northern Realms. I discovered that after losing several times to Sasha in the high stakes tournament.

So yeah, right back into it. Still slow moving through the story as I have a bit of an obsessive method. I like to complete all the secondary quests and treasure hunts that are recommended for my level or below before I advance the story. So it takes me ages to do anything :D 

3 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Every game of Gwent I won was with my northern realms deck. Once you get a load of spy cards you're laughing.

I used to use Northern Realms. 

But after playing Sasha and her beating me twice I realised the Nilfgaardian deck has a shit load of spies AND a shit load of cards who can "raise from the dead" (i.e. draw from your discard pile) AND a leader with the ability to draw from your opponent's discard deck.

Armed with all those you can spend about 10 minutes just playing spies, decoying spies, playing them again, and then the next round using all of your other cards to get all the spies back from either discard pile.

My Northern Realms deck is stronger if you exclude spies, but the Nilfgaardian deck trumps it once they come into play.

On 18/07/2017 at 19:47, villarule123 said:

I remember on my second playthrough when I went for all Gwent Cards, only to have 1 random card left in Novigrad. I nearly cried. Luckily I got it quite quick from a NPC. 

I think only the ones you win from quests are specific to whoever you win it from.

I think the ones you buy or win from randoms are just in a collective pool. So it was probably just that you needed to win/buy one and the first NPC you found who would play you or sell you one, by default, gave you the one you needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed my Gwent collection today! :hooray:

Should hopefully speed the whole thing up for me as I was spending a lot of time playing Gwent as I hated the idea of missing a card.

Now I can pretty much ignore it and get on with the story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Completed my Gwent collection today! :hooray:

Should hopefully speed the whole thing up for me as I was spending a lot of time playing Gwent as I hated the idea of missing a card.

Now I can pretty much ignore it and get on with the story.

:crylaugh:

Oh and the Miraculous guide to gwent was a lifesaver.

Meant I knew I only had to search Skellige. So i basically bought a load of maps from a merchant so I had all the fast travel spots opened up and went to each of the villages. Then there was usually an innkeep, a blacksmith and an armourer, and sometimes a merchant. So didn't take long to collect what I needed.

Not onto finishing the actual game!

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh and the Miraculous guide to gwent was a lifesaver.

Meant I knew I only had to search Skellige. So i basically bought a load of maps from a merchant so I had all the fast travel spots opened up and went to each of the villages. Then there was usually an innkeep, a blacksmith and an armourer, and sometimes a merchant. So didn't take long to collect what I needed.

Not onto finishing the actual game!

I can recommend you download the DLC when you are finished. There is more Gwent to be had in Toussant which is on the Blood and Wine DLC, although nowhere near as time consuming as in the main game. Lots more great missions to do as well, but probably best to finish main storyline first as you need your character to be a certain level to do the missions.

51 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I can recommend you download the DLC when you are finished. There is more Gwent to be had in Toussant which is on the Blood and Wine DLC, although nowhere near as time consuming as in the main game. Lots more great missions to do as well, but probably best to finish main storyline first as you need your character to be a certain level to do the missions.

Cheers, yeah I'll move onto the DLC once I've polished off the main game. 

So at this rate I'll be downloading it in about  6 years.

• Haha 1

The game continues to surprise me.

Dicking around in a boat in north Skellige and jumped out of my skin at a massive whale breaching right next to me.

Then stumbling around one of the islands found a huge underground river with apparently no purpose other than being **** cool (maybe it will have a purpose in a later quest but I searched it and couldn't find anything)

I think I might be playing this forever.

On 8/3/2017 at 10:44, Stevo985 said:

I think Skellige is the best gameworld I've ever played in. It's brilliant.

Have you played the DLC yet?  Toussant is absolutely wonderful.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Risso said:

Have you played the DLC yet?  Toussant is absolutely wonderful.

Nope, but shouldn't be too far away.

I'm sweeping up any side quests/contracts at the moment. I have this thing where I do all side quests at a recommended level below my own before I advance the story. Dunno why, I just started that way so I want to keep it up.

I'm on the "Brothers in Arms" quests which is gathering allies to fight the bad guys so I'm guessing I'm not too far away from the end.

• 2 months later...

Bought this in June, game of the year edition with all dlc for 17 quid. Feel like I've made the biggest con on a company ever, an absolute steal. Just finished the last quest in Toussaint, only thing left is some ? In skellige seas which seem pretty boring. 

BTW the 'Fableland' was absolutely brilliant. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/11/2017 at 16:52, villarule123 said:

It's worth £100

Stick an extra zero on the end of that and it would still be decent value for the hours and hours of entertainment provided.

Â