Witcher 3

lapal_fan

1 hour ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Yep. I've put 50+ hours in so far and a good amount of that is Gwent related... I've started to steamroll enemies so I may up the Gwent difficulty.

The standalone looks great too, and they've tweaked it enough to make it a viable multiplayer game.

I want it 'in real life' though, but I'm not sure how realistic that would be as the game's pace is part of its appeal and a lot of that comes down to the computer doing the maths and such.

Didn't think you could?

1 hour ago, Risso said:

The side quest where you get to talk to Roach is brilliant, one of my favourites.

That was the one that broke for me. The scripting on Roach broke so he just stood there looking at a rock and you couldn't interact with anything.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

That was the one that broke for me. The scripting on Roach broke so he just stood there looking at a rock and you couldn't interact with anything.

It was like that for me for a while, but then I found one specific spot that got the whole quest moving.

Just about done with the DLC now, think I appreciated everything more on a second play through. As much as I love the world they built for Blood and Wine, Hearts of Stone was my favourite. 'Scenes from a wedding' is perfect.

9 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Just about done with the DLC now, think I appreciated everything more on a second play through. As much as I love the world they built for Blood and Wine, Hearts of Stone was my favourite. 'Scenes from a wedding' is perfect.

Both bits of DLC are brilliant, and just as good, if not better, than the main game.

I loaded this up for the first time at the weekend, I haven't got very far as yet have done a few side missions in the first town I came to. So far it has been enjoyable, although I need to improve my fighting skills and learn a few more things about alchemy etc. I won my first match of Gwent in the Inn :D. I guess things will get tougher with that, so any tips are appreciated.

I did hit a snag on one side mission though, where the game froze on a loading screen and I was having problems with the Devil in the Well mission not progressing. I had the bracelet from the well, but could not set fire to the corpse. I watched a walkthrough afterwards to see what happens in the mission, and I put it down to the fact that I kind of stumbled through the mission rather than followed the exact linear path triggering the various cut scenes. I gave up and re-loaded from a previous save and will go through it again.

You'll likely run into similar problems every now and then. Usually a reload fixes things, a couple of quests are bugged to the extent you might not ever be able to finish them. Thankfully not main quest line though.

12 hours ago, Chindie said:

You'll likely run into similar problems every now and then. Usually a reload fixes things, a couple of quests are bugged to the extent you might not ever be able to finish them. Thankfully not main quest line though.

Thanks, I will bear that in mind in future and keep lots of save popints to return to available. I hadn't got too far in to the game, so no major loss.

The only mission I had a problem with was the one that Chindie mentioned above in the new expansion, but I think it was more to do with having to stand in exactly the right spot than it being properly borked.  Actually tell a lie, I had a horse race quest when the graphics froze, and I lost it by default which was a bit annoying.

Finally got all the Gwent cards :D:D

I got really lucky, I had 1 card in Velen and 1 card in Novigrad left after doing all the quests, buying from inns etc and I've read online that people spend hours trying to find their last card(s)

The first place I tried in Novigrad (the brothel woman) had the cards I was missing, couldn't believe my luck.

I've got them all too, including the new deck from the expansion.

I think I'm coing to the end of the latest expansion, so am maxing everything out I can.  Getting all of the superior potions and dedoctions etc

I have played this game quite a bit over the last few days, but have only just about finished the White Orchard area. I am starting to get the hang of it all now, there is a hell of a lot of stuff to take in though so I have a long way to go yet before I have fully figured out what I am doing. I am loving the game so far, although I do fear this could end my social and family life if I am not careful. Looking at the sheer size of the game, I think I probably will still be playing this at Christmas and beyond. :D

I haven't come across many Gwent opportunities on the first map, so I guess it will all start to kick off a bit more regularly on the second land. I think I have only played one guy so far, the guy at the Inn. I have bought up any cards that I have seen for trade with merchants and the innkeeper as I have been wandering, so hopefully I haven't missed anything major.

The game downloaded an  update during that time, and so far I have not come across any more bug issues in game.

Game of the Year edition finally confirmed! Suggestion it will be out in August, but nothing official. I'll finally get round to playing it when that's out.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, hogso said:

Confirmed that the GOTY will be released very soon - 30th August, with Shop To currently listing it as £37.85. Seems a bargain.

Does it offer anything new other than having the dlc already bundled with it?

No, just those free updates and the full size expansion packs. Some may argue that that is more than enough game to be getting on with, and that fact that it should work properly straight out of the box unlike when it was first released is quite a boon too.

Â