Witcher 3

lapal_fan

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

I'm on L10 and just doing stuff around Novigrad with Triss.

Playing lots of Gwent.

I upgraded my fast & slow attacks by 5 points each, added 500 to Health, and improved the dialogue skill by 1.

what else is good to upgrade?

Delusion is good, and you need a minimum for the extra persuasion in dialogues.  When you have a few more points, you can also make an enemy attack his mates which is really useful when there are a few of them, as it tends to distract the rest of the group.  I think I also used Igni a fair bit at lower levels.  As you progress, you'll get to know what is useful and what works best.  Towards the later levels, you can also reset your points.  This costs a lot of gold, but towards the end of the game you're likely to have more than you can spend anyway.

Put an hour or so into Blood & Wine.

Having been away from the game for a bit, and played some genuinely brilliant stuff in the meantime, coming back to it... it's just so good.

30 hours gameplay they reckon... fantastic.

53 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Put an hour or so into Blood & Wine.

Having been away from the game for a bit, and played some genuinely brilliant stuff in the meantime, coming back to it... it's just so good.

30 hours gameplay they reckon... fantastic.

Downloading it for play later tonight.  Can't wait.

57 minutes ago, ender4 said:

what has changed? i didn't notice any difference

I can only speak for the PC version but the interface has had a complete overhaul. Everything is now categorized better. Stuff like weapons, armour, bombs, potions etc have their own sections instead of being lumbered together. New character screen, you can see defence and offence stats better, can see what armour looks like without equipping it. Books, journals and quest letters now have their own glossary section. 

Biggest change is probably the world map, you can zoom out further, filter quests, exploration, areas of interest, shops etc. Different types of map markers, you can use up to three, I think. All round it's just much slicker and has actually helped massively in organising things to do.

Edited by nobler

11 minutes ago, nobler said:

I can only speak for the PC version but the interface has had a complete overhaul. Everything is now categorized better. Stuff like weapons, armour, bombs, potions etc have their own sections instead of being lumbered together. New character screen, you can see defence and offence stats better, can see what armour looks like without equipping it. Books, journals and quest letters now have their own glossary section. 

Biggest change is probably the world map, you can zoom out further, filter quests, exploration, areas of interest, shops etc. Different types of map markers, you can use up to three, I think. All round it's just much slicker and has actually helped massively in organising things to do.

oh that does sound good.

I'll check if there are any updates waiting for me to install. 

Isn't it weird releasing an update like that so long after the game came out?  

Edited by ender4

CDProjekt are famous for supporting their games long after release. They don't just abandon them until they can charge you for DLC.

A developer worth supporting I think.

• Like 2

This world is one of the best fantasy worlds around. I'd love to see a movie based on it.

Anywho... few quests down and it continues to deliver. Excellent stuff.

The new content hasn't downloaded yet, but I had a bit of a refresher anyway.  I can see how the new interface is better, but it was also a bit disconcerting after not haiving played the game for a few weeks.  I also think that certain menu screens are now noticeably slower to load.

A few menus and loads are definitely slower. The overall improvement in layout it is good but it's back to chugging along like it did in the weeks immediately after release.

A very minor niggle with the expansion, they've got one of the most clunkingly bad references in anything ever shoehorned into this. It's absolutely dreadful :crylaugh:

Also they have already had 2 'hey let's play Gwent to decide this thing' moments. And that's 2 too many. No more please.

Edited by Chindie

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

A few menus and loads are definitely slower. The overall improvement in layout it is good but it's back to chugging along like it did in the weeks immediately after release.

A very minor niggle with the expansion, they've got one of the most clunkingly bad references in anything ever shoehorned into this. It's absolutely dreadful :crylaugh:

Also they have already had 2 'hey let's play Gwent to decide this thing' moments. And that's 2 too many. No more please.

Hush your noise, I hope for hundreds of such instances! :)

• Like 1

Gwent, anyone fancy a game of Gwent? Please?

I collected magic the gathering as a young one and Gwent is very much inspired by it. It's addictive. My best deck is Northern realms, but I'm guessing monsters will be good once I get the cards.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

How the **** can you not like Gwent?

it's one of the best things about the game. It's fantastic

I just don't like it. I avoid playing it in the game entirely. I never bothered to collect the cards and thusly never win, and I can't be bothered with the game shoehorning it into the stuff I actually want to do. Thankfully so far, apart from the specific Gwent quests, which I've ignored, every time the game raises playing it you can either wholesale refuse or losing doesn't seem important.

• Like 1

Â