£200k fine for pitch invasion

Oaks

What the Boggie's were doing with seats actually could have killed someone.

But since the fine is for the club failing to properly control the people in the stadium at that match, I guess the failure of our stewards to stop that incident also contributed to the size of the fine.

All I know is I have taken my son, 2 years old, to fa cup games in those very seats. That kid who had his head split open, if it was my sons head there would be every chance he would be going home in a body bag.

Absolutely sick to just think about it, the worst thing I've seen in football. Of course there was no way my son was going to a game against the boggies, but still.

Chill guys, it was what is known as a "good natured pitch invasion", much different to the one we had.

_83044639_027237417-1.jpg

Taking selfies, bit of banter. Our pitch invasion was only because we wanted to commit crimes against women and children, it was nothing to do with the fact we were going to Wembley.

• Like 2

You think celebrating on the pitch is worse than throwing seats onto people's heads?

Ok, so something I didn't say.

Invading the pitch is more of a concern to safety than seats being thrown.

Celebrating on the pitch is quite clearly not "worse" than throwing seats onto people's heads.

Sorry, mis read your post slightly. My bad

The whole thing was massively overblown by the media. 99.9% of the Villa fans on the pitch before and after the game were in no way a "danger" to player safety - it was pure joy and relief, nothing more and nothing less. Yes, the main pitch invasion before the end was unfortunate, but it also happened after 93 minutes and 30 seconds and was clearly because fans lined up alongside the edge of the pitch ready to run on at the end, had mistakenly thought the whistle had gone.

The only evidence of violence I have seen inside the ground was Albion players deliberately barging into and tripping up Villa fans as they came onto the pitch as well as the seat-throwing which has been well documented.

I expect nothing else from the FA though - ironically if fans were to run on the pitch at Wembley having won the FA Cup they'd have to fine themselves.

Edited by VillaAndLoyal
  • Like 2

Totally different sort of thing - I doubt the QPR fans were getting aggressive with the Newcastle fans.

The same ones that were throwing bottles at them?

Can't tell if your post is sarcastic or not.

a situation largely of their own doing

Eh???

Whose own doing?

The FA & the BBC for allowing a huge game between 2 local rivals, made even bigger due to the fact it was an FA cup Quarter final, to take place at the time of day it did when there would obviously be an increase in alcohol consumption etc. 

Well bless them.....Just pay their silly little fine and let them all carry on covering each others arses after they totally overeacted in a situation largely of their own doing whilst choosing to ignore the only really dangerous part of the whole thing which was the Baggies hooligans throwing seats and vandalising VP in the process. Just about sums them up really!

Maybe we should all wear seatbelts and take a vow of silence on entering the stadium?!

There's some absolute nonsense being spouted on here - it's embarrassing.

There's a world of difference between singing and chanting in the stands (allowed, encouraged) and invading the pitch during the game (not allowed, discouraged).

Even if we're being made an example of by being fined £200k, I'm absolutely ok with it.  Pitch invading puts players safety in direct danger - moreso than seats being thrown (what distance would you get on this?!).  It needs to be cut out of football completely.

I don't even understand invading the pitch after the final whistle.  What's wrong with celebrating in the stands rather than running on to the pitch to goad the opposition fans?  Just football fans being tossers, as per.

If you want to start insulting my opinion Bobzy because we see things from a different perspective that's fine, I disagree with your comments but then so be it. I could say exactly the same about your post as you did mine frankly.

I do believe the FA & Beeb made a ridiculous decision in allowing what was always going to be a passion filled affair to go ahead late in the day when obviously alcohol could play a part. It was after all the FA and the government who decided 3pm  KO's were a primary cause for over exuberance & trouble, especially in Derby games (let alone FA cup Quarter final Derby games) was it not? Hence the midday KO's which usually now take place... so yes i see it as they are punishing Villa for something which was largely their own fault although of course invading the pitch during the game was very silly and a fine of sorts bound to happen.

I also think the FA's fine should have reflected their own irresponsibility in the matter and is possibly way higher than it should have been as a result of this. I also feel they should have realised that Villa fans have an awful lot of pent up frustration and have endured an awful lot of drudgery for an awful long time for a club of this size.... again this could have been acknowledged in the size of the fine though instead they have implied 100% of the blame is at Villa's door by imposing such a significantly high fine. Whilst ignoring the injuries caused from hurtling seats and destruction to the stadium by the oppositions fans!

Basically the FA & The Beeb put profits over safety and when the S**t hit the fan they just blamed Villa and hit them with a huge fine...Hmmn!

I love passion in sport however and think it should be celebrated not pilloried and if fans want to celebrate and show how much it means to them then great, so the pitch invasion at the end was for me great to see. I saw no risk apart from when a certain Baggies player decided to trip up a fan which could have led to an incident.

Celebratory pitch invasions are the norm up & down the country year in year out at this time of year as clubs achieve promotions & cup finals (as they are apparently each time you score an away goal if you support Man Utd although of course it's a different rule book for that club) and long may it continue. 

i actually dread the day fans just sit in their seats politely clapping when the team achieves something of significance... in my opinion this would remove the soul from football. My "wearing seatbelts & taking a vow of silence" comment was simply a tongue in cheek way of saying this though if you think that's "Nonsense" then so be it.

Anyhow each to their own eh  :D

The club should have been fined because fans entered the field of play before the final whistle - that I'm ok with. 

The media./FA hysteria that has been whipped up around this has been an absolute disgrace. Phil McNulty and Mark Lawrenson are utter disgraces that noone in the mainstream media has challenged - it looks especially bizarre given the pitch invasions the BBC has reported and even celebrated since. 

**** em. **** the lot of em. 

The Villa fans weren't getting aggressive with the WBA players so I'm still not sure what your point is.

Some of them seemed to be.

Whatever, you guys need to get over it - we're not Liverpool fans, so there's no point crying about this. 

Â