Pre match thread

roonst83

Interesting comments from Scholes on Cleverley (he obviously knows him well). Says he is very harsh on himself and suffers with confidence issues, often beating himself up after bad performances. 

I think Sherwood and Cleverley are a match made in heaven - however Scholes also says he thinks he'll go to Everton  :(

He did also say he doesn't speak to Cleverley so he is just guessing.

Yeah, to be honest I agree not to read too much into that part, however his comments on his attitude fit part in parcel with him performing so poorly under Lambert. 

• Like 1

Richardson injured. 5-0 Southampton

i know you're probably joking but didn't Uncle Tom Cobley and all and sundry on here moan tha Richardson is shite? So no big loss ! According to some at least

Never find Schools worth listening to and twice today he has said our upturn is simply due to Benteke being 'back'.....forgetting he was already ' back' and had two years before this when we performed nothing like this.

Enjoyed David James comment that having trained with us and man city recently your have thought our league positions were reversed !

• Like 2

Its a god send Richardson is out glad Hutton is back.

I rate Hutton, but I don't agree with this. Hutton plays on the wrong side, so it'll be difficult for him to get forward. And he'll be defending the wrong way. I'm not worried, but I'd definitely have liked to see Richardson at LB. Hutton is the best second choice though (as Richardson is seemingly injured).

Edited by AVTuco

No left back in the squad is a worry. I wonder if it'll be Bacuna rather than Hutton down the left. Whoever it is, I think it means Delph ends up doing a lot of cover work there and it spoils our shape. I'm much more pessimistic without a left back.

Gazzaniga is in goal for them... A very poor goalkeeper who has shipped around 20 goals in around 5/6 games played the last 2 seasons

Expect us to score at least twice today. COYVB

This almost reads like a druidic incantation to produce a scintillating performance from the fecker.

Thinking about it, I'd have considered bringing someone into the middle and putting Delph at left back, or going with a three with Delph as a left wing back.

It's ugly however you look at it.

Hutton did alright at left back when Sherwood put him there before