Pre match thread

roonst83

Expecting this to be a decent footballing game. Saints' approach should (dare I say) suit us more than West Ham as we tend to play better against teams who come right at us. Always tough down there though and they don't tend to lose many on the south coast. They will want to get a win in their last home game so to not go out on a damp squid in what has been (overall) an excellent season. Same team for me, keeping Nzogbia in for Gabby. Don't expect us to win down there but think we can cause some problems. The good thing about having Benteke and Grealish is that they both offer two different approaches for our attacking play. Grealish's flair brings our midfielders into play and gives us more threat.

Go get 'em Tim and let's hope Spurs turn up against Hull.

They have lost their last two games against Sunderland and Leicester. We've won our last two. We have momentum, they don't. We have Benteke, they don't. 0-1, Benteke with the goal. Could see this playing out like the Spurs game.

These lot need a good kicking and lesson, we're supposed to be copying them as a model club right, losing dismally to Sunderland and Leicester within a week, are they so scared of us next season they've actively trying to relegate us.

1-3.

They are in a weird place right now. They appear to have lost their legs a bit, they've not won in 4 and we will be looking for the kill. Will be interesting to see how we go about that with a *little* bit of the pressure off. 

I think a point and we will guarantee safety with it. I doubt there's a Villa fan on earth who wouldn't take that. 

They've completely burnt out and are almost as impotent as us pre-Sherwood. Every chance we can get a result.

Every chance we should beat them in all honesty. No one wants to qualify for the Europa it seems. With our pace we should cause them real problems. They could only draw with us earlier in the season when we had Lambert in charge.

Same team please. Will be a tough game I think. Can see them turning up for their last home game after being complete dross against Sunderland and Leicester.

• Like 1

I've got a feeling that the Saints will step up their game against us after 3 pretty dire previous games, so we'll need a couple of goals in the first half to see us take all 3 points.

I'd bring the Goose back for this one, I think Given looks far to shaky from corners/crosses and just doesn't command his area in the way that will be needed for this game.

I also don't rate Zog, but Gabby hardly brought the house down when he came on yesterday.

2-1 to the Villa with a nervy last 15/20 minutes, mathematically safe for the final game where we smash Burnley 3-0 ;)