• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

I don't know about Acorns, with matches like that Villa should be partnering with the British Heart Foundation!

Good first half, didn't react well to the West Ham changes in the second. Excellent from Grealish and Cleverly, although I thought Benteke and Delph were relatively quiet. Zoggy eager and kept the ball well, but still lacks end product. Defence okay; thought Richardson dealt with Jenkinson pretty well. I was pleased to see Gabby back, but everything he touched turned to shit so I guess he's a bit rusty. Held out well under West Ham's late pressure. Not the greatest performance but the result is all that really matters. 

As everyone saying, second half was not great, but a professional performance against a physical side. Nice to get a clean sheet, Okore and Vlaar were pretty solid bar the odd shaky set-piece.

Cleverley MOTM. Grealish and Westwood also good. Delph and Benteke less involved as in recent weeks.

You can tell the players are starting to wear down. The level they've been playing at might not have ever been sustainable. Great win today.

Great win.

Crosses into the box are bread and butter for them, hence Benteke not getting too many chances. Should tried to play it in a bit more. Nitpicking I know.

• Like 2

Grealish was bril but Cleverley MOTD for me. Scored the winner and just totally cleaned up in midfield. No one could get past him. I will be totally gutted is we lose him. What a transformation. He's must us all look like idiots for writing him off.

Â