The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's the one that engages in a bit of rape in his Bond films isn't he? Can't see that backfiring 😉

I’m not sure there is a PC Bond. It was a friggin stoopid question in the first place

47 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Saw a twitter rumour earlier that 3 Labour MP’s were considering going over to the tories.

Do you think he could be one of them?

Little bit too far to the left on spending for him.

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Keef is writing for the s*n tomorrow. No excuses on that one. 

Really? No excuse for reaching out to voters through one of the most read papers in the country? 

Should just reach out to his fans in the Guardian. "It's not an election winning strategy, but I agreed the **** out of it".

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Really? No excuse for reaching out to voters through one of the most read papers in the country? 

Should just reach out to his fans in the Guardian. "It's not an election winning strategy, but I agreed the **** out of it".

Yes, there is no excuse for any Labour politician to write for, or talk to that rag. There are other ways to reach to their, thankfully diminishing readership. Out of respect for the people of Liverpool alone, it's an awful decision to make. Nothing will ever convince me otherwise. JFT97. 

• Like 1

Going backwards in latest poll now too - no conference bounce for starmer, even when most of the country are fist fighting over petrol and the PM says **** health targets. Starmer and his team are doing a lot of damage through their incompetence.

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

spacer.png

Just now, Davkaus said:

I question Starmer but I'm surprised he'd come out with that ;)

It probably wasn’t him that said Liverpool fans stole wallets and pissed on the dead.

It was probably someone else at the paper he now writes pieces for.

I think we also need to be aware that the sum total readership of the Sun is quite a lot larger than the sum total of people who will actually read Starmer's column *because it was in the Sun*. I know they've got rid of the smutty pictures these days so it's not quite front page / page three / back page / bin, but I doubt there are a huge number of persuadable voters reading Starmer's thoughts in it.

The real audience is presumably a Mr R Murdoch, rather than any of the mopes buying the paper.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

How did the left of the party feel about this?

FAyLg3nXsAMgwM9?format=jpg&name=large

I mean...no excuses, right?

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I genuinely don't know the story behind that one . . .?

Yeah I'd love to know the back story because I'm fairly sure Abbott wouldn't ever voluntarily write for The Sun.

8 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Yeah I'd love to know the back story because I'm fairly sure Abbott wouldn't ever voluntarily write for The Sun.

She's clearly posed for a publicity photo for the Sun, which is exactly what that photo is. I think actively promoting it is actually worse than writing in it

1 minute ago, bickster said:

She's clearly posed for a publicity photo for the Sun, which is exactly what that photo is. I think actively promoting it is actually worse than writing in it

I can't find any source. I'm pretty sure it's a fake.

19 minutes ago, darrenm said:

She doesn't look like she's being kidnapped 😉

I don't know the story. I'd guess it's from her Neil / Portillo days and she didn't write anything, but her media profile was high enough and she was happy to take a couple of quid for an ad campaign.  

I bet both her and Starmer would both see it as nothing more than a necessary / lucrative evil and would never even dream of actually buying a copy.

Spoiler

FAyWsJIWQAYyQfV?format=jpg

(I'll stop being a dick now)

Edited by ml1dch

8 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I can't find any source. I'm pretty sure it's a fake.

Not fake, it's been out there quite a while and never been denied

You know that bloke everyone wants to be the next Labour leader... The one that did a lot for the Hilsborough campaign...

EYMy57QWoAAikLA?format=jpg&name=small

Â