The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Find this sort of thing really annoying:

I've seen this a lot in the last 24 hours, but these people should really try to put themselves in Raducanu's shoes and ask themselves whether, having moved from another country before (I presume) her first actual living memory, she primarily regards herself as an immigrant or wants her birth location to be used as a political weapon to wield against Priti Patel. It's not massively better to be doing this routine than it is to be doing a xenophobia routine, they're both fundamentally about defining people as something other than really British for political purposes.

Also lol at Alastair Campbell doing this bit as if he wasn't personally responsible for further mainstreaming anti-immigrant sentiment in British politics for a decade or so.

Mayor of London did the same thing on Twitter too. Yawn!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stuart_75 said:

Mayor of London did the same thing on Twitter too. Yawn!

It's the total predictability of posts or reactions to things like this that are so sick inducing, pure band wagon chasing BS whilst trying to stick a bumper sticker on said wagon propping up their achievement somehow that they had **** all to do with whilst simultaneously managing to ruin it a bit for everyone else who is just genuinely happy for the kid that she won a grand slam.  

words removed.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It's the total predictability of posts or reactions to things like this that are so sick inducing, pure band wagon chasing BS whilst trying to stick a bumper sticker on said wagon propping up their achievement somehow that they had **** all to do with whilst simultaneously managing to ruin it a bit for everyone else who is just genuinely happy for the kid that she won a grand slam.  

words removed.  

Yep, its not the time and place to be attempting to make political capital out of something that isn't political.

You want to jump on the bandwagon, say congratulations and leave it at that

Its why politicians are generally dicks

• Like 2

Pretty explosive stuff from McCluskey.

He's not happy with Starmer for breaking their deal about readmitting Corbyn.

I know he's got a book to sell but he states that everything that he describes here will be what he says in Corbyn's court case so it's going to be the truth.

If so, lying seems to be a pattern of behaviour for Starmer.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/13/keir-starmer-jeremy-corbyn-suspension

"When Starmer took over, I hoped for good relations between us. To begin with, that’s how they were. Contrary to what might be expected, I spoke to Starmer far more than I ever did Jeremy Corbyn. But that all changed after Starmer’s destructive decision to suspend his predecessor from the party in October last year."

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The actions of these little Hitlers pushes me further away from ever engaging with Labour again.

Don't let the narrative fool you, the other lot are worse than this. You should see the way they behave when "comrades" are seen talking to members of other factions

You want to have a look at the family tree of Trotskyite Organisations connected to the 4th International, just in Britain, that will get you to the WRP, SWP and Militant and then theres all the parties they've split into. The left is all about splitting, recriminations, expulsions. ALways has been, always will be

It's not even just a British thing either

What gets me is the hollier than thou attitude of the left at the minute, claiming innocence and outrage when its the bedrock of what created their own little clubs in the first place

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Don't let the narrative fool you, the other lot are worse than this.

I'd sign a petition to make this the official slogan of the Labour Party.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Unless his head actually exploded I'm not interested. He's about as trustworthy as a Palestinian firework

I reckon Labour could just take the mantra of "do the exact opposite of anything that Len McCluskey thinks" and they probably won't be going too far wrong. 

• Like 3

Be interesting to see what Keef has to say at the TUC Congress tomorrow, and how his speech goes down. He and the PLP have been getting panned in a lot of the speeches I've seen. A lot of unions making the point the Labour Party won't help make the changes needed, so the trade union movement will have to find its own way of forcing change. 

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Can't help but think Len's helpfully publishing this in time for conference - will be interesting to see how that goes.

They've made their bed on this. They could have found a way to bury this Corbyn business during the downtime over the summer, but they've chosen to go into conference with a big obvious division in the party so here it is. I guess they probably think it's a price worth paying, or better in the long run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Unless his head actually exploded I'm not interested. He's about as trustworthy as a Palestinian firework

As is rightly completely up to you. But you either think he's lying and taking it as far as willing to lie in court, or you think that Starmer is as trustworthy as that firework and you might be doing McCluskey a disservice here. It's either of those really.

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

As is rightly completely up to you. But you either think he's lying and taking it as far as willing to lie in court, or you think that Starmer is as trustworthy as that firework and you might be doing McCluskey a disservice here. It's either of those really.

If Len McClusky told me it was raining I'd look out of the window to check. One lying corrupt bastard.

Just have a search of Paul Flanagan Len McClusky (You'll also find mentions of Joe Anderson & his son) specifically in relation to the Flangan Group's contract to build the Union's funded hotel and conference centre on Aston Science Park.

• Like 2

I actually don't hold it against Starmer for the situation with Corbyn, Jezza did put him in a difficult position, albeit Jezza is entirely correct in his statement - but the timing was a challenge to Starmer and so Starmer had to take action. Only problem is that by doing so he crossed a line in terms of leadership interference and instantly became a hypocrite. That Mclusky is lying in this instance is IMHO unlikely, he;s drawing full attention to it - that he lies at other times, well entirely possible. All in all, the stage is set for conference, they have Jezza talking at an alternative event that could cause large numbers of delegates to vacate the official conference - and then there's a litany of other thorny grudges present in the membership to navigate like that daft old Forde enquiry (yeah who cares about racism at the heart of Labour HQ afterall, unless it smells of AS) and then that mahoosive void where policy should be, currently occupied by a 14,000 word academic explantion of Keir's philosophy on life. If Starmer could cancel the conference this year, he would. 

14 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Sickening really that at a time we have the worst government we have possibly ever had destroying the country the Labour party are too preoccupied with infighting to try to do anything about it. They are letting so many people down.

It's been like that since wossisname, Ed Milliband, left the leadership and Corbz the absolute boy was made leader.

That bloke who was moaning above about being thrown out - maybe he shouldn't have liked posts saying Starmer was a "tool of the Zionists" and so on?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

It's been like that since wossisname, Ed Milliband, left the leadership and Corbz the absolute boy was made leader.

That bloke who was moaning above about being thrown out - maybe he shouldn't have liked posts saying Starmer was a "tool of the Zionists" and so on?

I am not suggesting it is a new phenomenon I just think at a time when the country is completely on its arse being led by incompetent dangerous bastards the situation within Labour is further highlighted as we are crying out for a decent opposition. The least we should expect is they could put on a united front and show they are a viable alternative and can govern. Given the current government that should not be difficult.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am not suggesting it is a new phenomenon I just think at a time when the country is completely on its arse being led by incompetent dangerous bastards the situation within Labour is further highlighted as we are crying out for a decent opposition. The least we should expect is they could put on a united front and show they are a viable alternative and can govern. Given the current government that should not be difficult.

Sure. I completely agree, Mark. I'm just lamenting it's nothing new - the tories have been getting ever worse and for all that time (since 2015) Labour has been more interested in settling internal scores, general twattery and being useless.

• Like 1

Â