The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The sad thing is your ignoring the facts and wont criticise labour for anything.

Ill criticise the conservatives when they do shit like the shot show we have during the pandemic 

But you cant criticise a failing a labour council oh no? Instead we will  criticise the source of where it will come from !

Because where it came from isn't "news", it's propaganda. You told us yesterday there was a massive protest in Islington, the two main speakers were Fox and Tice and as you can see from the evidence of their own videos, the protest was not massive, I'd be shocked if there were 100 there, including the Fox / Tice team. Where did you get the 500 /1000 figure from? because it has no basis in fact

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Another side to this three years in a row? 

Here's a slightly different perspective. It's still critical of Labour, but does suggest there's a bit more to it than the propaganda you've linked to. I've never heard of Vote Watch, but anyone that spends 30 seconds looking through the headlines on their front page and thinks it's a good source of news must be criminally hard of thinking.

https://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/news/19264510.enfield-councils-late-accounts-set-cost-100-000/

The councillor in charge of finance has faced renewed calls to quit after it was revealed late accounts are set to cost Enfield Council an extra £100,000.

Opposition groups criticised cabinet member for finance Cllr Mary Maguire for failing to show up to a committee meeting to face questions on the accounts, which are now months overdue.

But council leader Cllr Nesil Caliskan defended her colleague, saying cabinet members are not required to attend the meeting – and accused Conservative councillors of “trying to score weak political points”.

Tory leader Cllr Joanne Laban said: “The fact that the cabinet member for finance could not be bothered to turn up to be held to account for her department’s failings really shows this Labour administration’s arrogance, because quite frankly she should resign for this appalling record.”

Cllr Dino Lemonides, a former cabinet member for finance who quit Labour to join opposition group Community First, said he would have been asked to step down from his role if he had “presided over such a debacle”.

Enfield Council’s 2019-20 accounts were originally due to be signed off by the end of August, but the Government extended the deadline to November 30 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

A council report states that more than half of local authorities failed to meet the November deadline, and 30 per cent have still not had their accounts signed off.

Cllr Lemonides, who was at Thursday’s meeting, said council officers are now working on the accounts for the last financial year while preparing accounts for the current year.

This is because documents submitted to the auditors have been incomplete and/or inaccurate, he added.

Cllr Caliskan said: “No cabinet member is a member of the general purposes committee and therefore not required to attend,” she said. “The Conservative councillors know this full well and are simply trying to score weak political points.”

An Enfield Council spokesperson said: “Enfield Council places the highest possible importance on delivering quality financial reports backed up by robust independent audits. Our draft statement of accounts for the 2019-20 financial year was completed well before the statutory deadline for submission to the external auditors and was published on our website in July.

“Since the original publication of the draft accounts back in July 2020, the council has worked closely with our external auditors to support the audit of the accounts process is completed, and the council has submitted their final updated accounts to the general purposes committee on April 22.

“Our external auditors have commented that we are taking the right approach, support our endeavours to address previous years issues and improve the quality of key systems.

I don't know what happened in previous years. Maybe it is a disgrace and people should resign. But you shouldn't be taking news at face value from a website that deliberately only gives one side of the story.

• Like 3

@Demitri_CThe bloke that writes EVERY article on that website is Jay Beecher

This is Jay Beecher, he's from Peterborough. He knows jack shit about Enfield

Conservative Peterborough City Council election candidate admits driving offences

A Conservative candidate in a Peterborough City Council by-election has been fined at court after pleading guilty to driving while disqualified.

Jay Beecher (30) of Seargeants Close, Newborough, appeared at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court this morning, where he also admitted driving with no insurance and having no MOT on his car.

Beecher is standing as the Conservative candidate in the by-election for the East Ward seat on Peterborough City Council, with voters going to the polls tomorrow.

Link

So he's a Tory and he's been convicted of Driving whilst disqualified, Driving with no MOT and driving with no Insurance

By the way, he's NOT A JOURNALIST

Do you think your news source is trustworthy?

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

@Demitri_CThe bloke that writes EVERY article on that website is Jay Beecher

This is Jay Beecher, he's from Peterborough. He knows jack shit about Enfield

Link

So he's a Tory and he's been convicted of Driving whilst disqualified, Driving with no MOT and driving with no Insurance

By the way, he's NOT A JOURNALIST

Do you think your news source is trustworthy?

Its not just this year it happened in 2020 and 2019. Facts. Look it up it isnt lies.

If this was a conservative borough and they were doing this id be saying the same thing. Its a shit show.

54 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Here's a slightly different perspective. It's still critical of Labour, but does suggest there's a bit more to it than the propaganda you've linked to. I've never heard of Vote Watch, but anyone that spends 30 seconds looking through the headlines on their front page and thinks it's a good source of news must be criminally hard of thinking.

https://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/news/19264510.enfield-councils-late-accounts-set-cost-100-000/

I don't know what happened in previous years. Maybe it is a disgrace and people should resign. But you shouldn't be taking news at face value from a website that deliberately only gives one side of the story.

Thanka for that.

I would understand if it was a one year but three thats a outrage.  @Davkaushow would you feel if this was your local council? They are practically bankrupt yet our council tax money is going in fines from incompetence.

Just to add im not saying all labour councils are like this. Im just providing information to show why i dislike my local council so much. Its councils like mine which let the labour party down as a whole.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Thanka for that.

I would understand if it was a one year but three thats a outrage.  @Davkaushow would you feel if this was your local council? They are practically bankrupt yet our council tax money is going in fines from incompetence.

Just to add im not saying all labour councils are like this. Im just providing information to show why i dislike my local council so much. Its councils like mine which let the labour party down as a whole.

Honestly, I have no idea what's going on at Enfield, but I live in Nottingham. My council is run by Labour, lost a fortune holding money in Icelandic banks during the financial crash, and wasted tens of millions setting up their own (now collapsed) energy company with jobs for the boys, they're embroiled in scandal after scandal. You don't need to tell me about dodgy councils, and I'm not going to defend Labour councils just because they're not tories.

But if Vote Watch told me it was going to be a heatwave this week, I'd get the brolly out :D 

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Honestly, I have no idea what's going on at Enfield, but I live in Nottingham. My council is run by Labour, lost a fortune holding money in Icelandic banks during the financial crash, and wasted tens of millions setting up their own (now collapsed) energy company with jobs for the boys, they're embroiled in scandal after scandal. You don't need to tell me about dodgy councils, and I'm not going to defend Labour councils just because they're not tories.

But if Vote Watch told me it was going to be a heatwave this week, I'd get the brolly out :D 

That sounds awful as bad as mine Ah really glad to hear your impartial.  Apologies for calling you a hypocrite 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The sad thing is your ignoring the facts and wont criticise labour for anything.

Ill criticise the conservatives when they do shit like the shot show we have during the pandemic 

But you cant criticise a failing a labour council oh no? Instead we will  criticise the source of where it will come from !

I can criticise failing councils of any political persuasion. That blog is completely devoid of any contextual evidence at all, so sorry for not sprinting straight to my pitchfork.

I've seen late accounts because they required sign off by the opposition. I've seen late accounts because Deloitte **** up asset valuations which all had to be redone. I've seen late accounts because of the pandemic. What happened in this instance? As Davkaus pointed out, over half of councils missed the deadline.

In my professional life I deal with councils on a weekly basis and have got involved in valuations for their annual accounts in the past, so I don't need you or a right wing propaganda blog to tell me what to think about them.

Pretend you're just a concerned citizen looking at everything with a balanced view if you want, but when you're seeking out websites like that to get your news don't be surprised when your agenda is obvious. Have you researched who you're getting your 'news' from yet?

Where do the fines go to when you fine a council for late accounts? Do they go to central government?

I've always assumed (probably wrongly) that if I get fined for driving down a bus lane (again) that the money goes to the council.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've always assumed (probably wrongly) that if I get fined for driving down a bus lane (again) that the money goes to the council.

Bus Lanes it does

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, blandy said:

Dem, I think you’re right that even though the source you used is a crooked Brexity nobber, the council has a record of late filing of accounts. Which on the face of it isn’t good and looks like sloppy practice and complacency because they know they will get re elected.

Theres a wider context though, and it’s this. All councils everywhere are struggling massively because of central Tory government cuts to their funding over the past decade, which means they are forced to beg, borrow, close this to pay for that, move this item from this years account to next years. All kinds of stuff which makes their job basically impossible. Do you close the local police station, or turn off street lighting, or sack the cleaners, or close the nursery, or do you sell off the park to developers…

Tory Northamptonshire council is bankrupted, same goes for others. As much as a local council may be remiss in being late filing accounts, the “disgrace” is the Tory government’s cuts to council funding over 11 years. It’s the words removed in the Tory party who should be the focus of your real anger. They’re pulling the wool over people’s eyes. Don’t let them get away with it. Oh, and stop reading Brexity whoppers propaganda blogs 😛

I accept the councils are losing money thanks to cebtral government pete, however when this happens i expect the council to use the resources they do have on things that matter.

Heres another thing my great council has introduced to the area (costing 20k each this is only one of many they bringing) what a absolute waste of money. Why not use the money on social care, helping the homeless, schemes to get kids off the street?

Instead these have just become a smoking weed haven for people. Its incredible. 

As for the current tory party they are greedy, money making filth. But that does not excuse labour for their shambolic handling of my local area where they have wasted money on things that could have been utilised better.

If only there was another choice that was not labour or conservative they both equally as shit as each other

20210502_130051.jpg

31 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I can criticise failing councils of any political persuasion. That blog is completely devoid of any contextual evidence at all, so sorry for not sprinting straight to my pitchfork.

I've seen late accounts because they required sign off by the opposition. I've seen late accounts because Deloitte **** up asset valuations which all had to be redone. I've seen late accounts because of the pandemic. What happened in this instance? As Davkaus pointed out, over half of councils missed the deadline.

In my professional life I deal with councils on a weekly basis and have got involved in valuations for their annual accounts in the past, so I don't need you or a right wing propaganda blog to tell me what to think about them.

Pretend you're just a concerned citizen looking at everything with a balanced view if you want, but when you're seeking out websites like that to get your news don't be surprised when your agenda is obvious. Have you researched who you're getting your 'news' from yet?

Sam that does not hide the fact you would be critising this if it was a conservative government not just dismissing the source.

Its not acceptable behaviour by any council

No they’re not as bad as each other. Circumstances, the ones that Blandy highlighted of deliberate underfunding from Central Govt. lead to Labour Authorities agonising over where cuts will be made. My wife worked 26 years in Local Govt. ( housing) some of the stories she told me of the sheer callousness of Tory Ministers were truly awful. As with Health care and Schooling, if a Tory doesn’t use a service, than too many of them don’t give a toss if those services struggle. These things follow Tory administrations as sure as night follows day. Don’t ever make the mistake of thinking all Politicians are the same, they’re not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sam that does not hide the fact you would be critising this if it was a conservative government not just dismissing the source.

Its not acceptable behaviour by any council

Have you researched how often this happens elsewhere?

Have you looked into how Labour Councils have been underfunded whilst Tory Councils have had more money given to them?

Cause and effect, look at the causes before you complain about the effect.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Have you researched how often this happens elsewhere?

Have you looked into how Labour Councils have been underfunded whilst Tory Councils have had more money given to them?

Cause and effect, look at the causes before you complain about the effect.

It dossnt excuse the money wasted 

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Heres another thing my great council has introduced to the area (costing 20k each this is only one of many they bringing) what a absolute waste of money. Why not use the money on social care,

So you don't think that providing spaces in the open air in a hugely built up environment where people can meet is a form of social care?

People smoking weed is pretty much the norm these days Dem, it should have been legalised decades ago. IMO obviously but the council can't really control what individuals do.

Seems like a good idea to me though having open air meeting spaces for people to meet up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It dossnt excuse the money wasted 

How do you know? You don't even know why.

There's no nice way of putting this. You are being radicalised by propaganda

• Like 2

There's a lot of consultation and debate about what to do with the space in Nottingham from the partially demolished Broadmarsh shopping centre, as Intu went under.

There's a fairly stark divide between a bunch of people who want a nice, green outdoor area as a nice place to spend time in the city, and a much nicer gateway to the city than the piss-smelling shopping centre that was there before, and other people who insist that direct economic return is the only metric, and we must flog off the space to either prop up the failing high-street retailers, or cram more student flats into the city. 

I can see the struggle to justify it if it were a direct choice between "a nice outdoor space" and "helping homeless people", but reclaiming areas of the big grey concrete jungle as just nice places to relax is broadly a good thing, IMO. There should be more public spaces used for the public good instead as requiring every square inch to be monetised. Is it the best bang per buck for a council operating on a very tight budget though? Maybe not.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â