The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

What is wrong with these people. People have the right to vote as they choose, for whatever reason they want to, but I just can't fathom how perople can give those answers to those questions. I think I'd struggle to name many living people less trustworthy than proven serial-liar Boris Johnson. 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Very  pointless post bicks

I think it made its point perfectly well. Two words and I got the message across

I very much doubt there was anything like even 500 people there.

These whoppers would have had crowd shots if there were. Notice how he keeps turning back to talk to the people behind him, thats a natural reaction when a good proportion of the people you are addressing are behind you. If there were 500 there, the Farage / Tice Party would be making a huge deal out of this, yet there's not one shot of the baying mob frothing at the mouth. I can hear conversations going on, distant conversations above the enraptured throng listening to Tice's every word and such are his oratorial skills I'm not surprised they are so silent, every word seems to have a golden glow no matter how many times I hear it, its so inciteful it causes me a temporary paralysis

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Lawrence Fox was there?

Lawrence Fox wants more traffic?

Isn’t he polling lower than that guy that has a bin on his head?

We’ll see. 

10 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

We’ll see. 

Fox: wants more traffic pollution.

Binface: 

The hand dryer in the gents’ toilet at the Crown & Treaty, Uxbridge, to be moved to a more sensible position.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Lawrence Fox was there?

He was,  just look at the crowds coming out in their tens for him (bigger view of the "massive" crowd on this one)

LABOUR Cabinet’s Late Accounts Filing Costs Enfield Taxpayers £100k In Fines (For THIRD Year In A Row)

3 days ago jaybeecher

FOR the third year in a row, Labour Councillors running Enfield Council have failed to file the council’s accounts on time – resulting in another fine of £100,000 in the already cash-strapped London borough.

Labour Cllr Mary Maguire, Enfield’s Cabinet member for finance and procurement, is facing renewed calls to resign, after she and her colleagues yet again not only cost the taxpayer the astronomical fine, but also didn’t even bother showing up to a committee meeting to face questions on the accounts, which are now months overdue.

Cllr Maguire (second left) faces calls to resign

The Tories called on Cllr Maguire to step down in November after learning the accounts would be late for the third year in a row. At last Thursday’s general purposes committee, it was revealed the 2019-20 accounts have still not been fully audited – costing the council an extra £100,000 in fees.

Despite the urgency to submit the already late accounts, Maguire has been caught choosing to ignore her responsibilities and head-out to campaign for the Labour Party for the upcoming local elections.

Tory leader Cllr Joanne Laban said: “The fact that the cabinet member for finance could not be bothered to turn up to be held to account for her department’s failings really shows this Labour administration’s arrogance, because quite frankly she should resign for this appalling record.”

Shockingly, despite the council haemorrhaging cash due to the failure’s of its Labour cabinet, during the pandemic, Labour councillors in Enfield voted to give themselves up to a £7,608 pay-rise.

What a shit show

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What the **** is wrong with people?

In that instance, it's more a case of WTF is wrong with that poll. I've never seen a poll where Starmer is losing in those metrics. There definitely something amiss with the poll imo

People don’t research, they find any old shit that agrees with their view of the world and latch on to that.

It’s a loop, a bubble. You’re mates on facebook link shite, you read the shite and it chimes with what your facebook mates were already saying so it’s all proved in some warped version of the virtuous circle. This isn’t helped when the BBC has become a political tool, and by that, I mean it’s recent failure to do journalism. It’s always been pro establishment, the clue is in the title. But it’s given a faux legitimacy to crooks and idiots by giving their world view equal billing with real factual truths. Whilst at the same time, refusing to acknowledge basic wrong doing by government. How is serial bully Priti Patel not hounded from office?

Kuensberg has written a 2000 word piece about Johnson today and whether he’s a liar. She doesn’t manage to name a single instance where he’s lied. Rather, apparently, he’s just a charismatic visionary leader, like Steve Jobs. When that’s the best that the top political journalist can do, for the biggest news outlet in the country, we are in real trouble. 

On the BBC Marr political programme this morning, the guests include Dominic Raab, Scottish Labour, Scottish Tory, Scottish Lib Dem. Notice any missing parties there? Did the SNP just not fancy it? Marr, you might remember, repeatedly reported there was nothing to investigate around Johnson shagging Acuri and getting her six figure public funding.

Once you can’t use the BBC for news, where do you go? Sky News? UK News? RT? Or just absorb what twitter and facebook send you, selective polls with some parties removed from the graphics they select for you?

But to go back to the top line. People find the shit that endorses their world view. People aren’t being turned, they’re having their self centred prejudices validated.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

The sad thing is you don't have a clue what sort of people you're getting your news from, do you?

The sad thing is your ignoring the facts and wont criticise labour for anything.

Ill criticise the conservatives when they do shit like the shot show we have during the pandemic 

But you cant criticise a failing a labour council oh no? Instead we will  criticise the source of where it will come from !

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The sad thing is your ignoring the facts and wont criticise labour for anything.

Ill criticise the conservatives when they do shit like the shot show we have during the pandemic 

But you cant criticise a failing a labour council oh no? Instead we will  criticise the source of where it will come from !

Do you not read that article and think "I wonder if there's another side to this"?

• Haha 1

If that was the conservatives you would crucify them and say they are shit, rocket polishers etc..

But when its labour its another side of the story.

Hypocrisy at its best. 

• Like 1

Â