The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Takeaway is legal.

Drinking on the premises is against the law.

He's clearly outside! He's as outside as the other people drinking there today. Look at the sun on his face and the frame of the door above and behind him

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, vote winning photo op., that can’t be misread or used against him.

I absolutely get that point and I agree with it

Wrexham Lager obviously have a cunning plan when it comes to their location. Just look at which laws apply to their location on Google maps

EDIT: And the attention Wrexham Lager has got due to this has taken them a bit by surprise. Their website has exceeded it's bandwidth!

• Like 1

tHe AdUlTs ArE bAcK iN cHaRgE

Conservative accuses Labour mayor candidate Liam Byrne of misusing public funds to help his campaign

'Labour mayor candidate Liam Byrne faces an investigation from the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards, over claims that he misused public funds to support his campaign.

[..]

Mr Byrne is the Labour MP for Birmingham Hodge Hill. MPs are provided with resources, including offices, equipment and funding to pay staff salaries, to help them in the Parliamentary work. Rules state that the resources can only be used "in support of their parliamentary duties" and should not be used to "confer undue advantage on a political organisation".

Mr Bridgen claims that Mr Byrne used Parliamentary resources to support his Mayoral election campaign, which would be against the rules.

He highlighted a LinkedIn profile by one of Mr Byrne's former Parliamentary staff, who states he managed the "overall strategy" for the mayoral campaign.

Mr Bridgen also highlighted a profile of another former member of Mr Byrne's staff, which states she "developed local policy for the West Midlands Metropolitan Mayoral campaign". The profile appeared on the website of the former staff member's current employer.

The Conservative MP also says Mr Byrne uses his Parliamentary e-mail address on his campaign website, and has commissioned research from the House of Commons library for use in the mayoral campaign.'

from: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/conservative-accuses-labour-mayor-candidate-20448817?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

This part's just sad:

'His letters to the Parliamentary authorities also note that Mr Byrne attempted to raise £5,000 for his campaign on crowdfunding site gofundme, but only managed to raise £735 from supporters.'

Just now, markavfc40 said:

That is heading in right direction. Be interesting to see the election results next week. 

I suspect vaccine bounce will see the tories do well, but I hope I’m wrong

• Like 1

Just now, blandy said:

I suspect vaccine bounce will see the tories do well, but I hope I’m wrong

There's also the distinct possibility of a lower than normal turnout due to the pandemic which may favour Labour

Well I've been and done some campaigning for a former colleague, and an ex memeber of my union, who is standing to be a councillor in County Durham. That's about as much as I can stomach to do at the moment. I contemplated going to Hartlepool, but the thought of bumping into Mandleson put me off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

Will be interesting to see the Opinium poll tonight and wether a it's a trend or Survation is just an outlier.

Not really, the current polls are all over the place, I think two of the companies are showing huge Tory leads, 2 showing it very close (like survation) and two others are somewhere in the middle. The Survation Poll is not an outlier anymore than the ones with huge Tory leads are

There are also much larger than normal amounts of don't knows in all the polls which again increases volatility

Essentially, they haven't got a clue right now. And the different companies biases in their methodology are sort of showing up

Well the labour councils near me look like they are going to be wiped out just because of the LTNs. There was massive protests in islington today and the usual safe seat councils are in danger of losing because they dont listen to their residents 

Be interesting to see the results next week

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well the labour councils near me look like they are going to be wiped out just because of the LTNs. There was massive protests in islington today and the usual safe seat councils are in danger of losing because they dont listen to their residents 

Be interesting to see the results next week

I predict this will not happen

Is this the "massive" protest?

That is the only tweet I could find from the actual event

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I predict this will not happen

Is this the "massive" protest?

That is the only tweet I could find from the actual event

There was a 500-1000 people there mate

So, I’ve just looked up the last Islington council election, Labour won 47 of the 48 seats.

The 48th seat was Green, if people are worried there’s not enough traffic, I doubt they’ve switched to the second most popular party, the Greens.

Between them, Labour and Green got 76% of the vote in 2018.

A prediction of a wipe out? Definitely one to watch then. If the tories manage to quintuple their vote, they’ll get just under 50%.

I’m not saying it won’t happen, or can’t happen, I’m just saying I’d be surprised if wanting more traffic was that big an issue to get the tories from 9:7% to 51% There were multiple wards in the last election where the best placed tory candidate came 11th. 

But then again, Dicky Tice has conned the people once, he could do it again.

• Haha 1

Â