The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Soz for engaging with a person outspoken on the Brexit matter on a discussion forum.

I have no problem with you engaging or asking me what I may think about a situation but asking anyone other than Corbyn what he thinks is a bit daft.

In all seriousness, it comes across (as it did before) that you're trying to make a point without explicitly stating that point.

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

A couple of other things here: how does Parliament obviously block leaving without a deal?

Amend the legislation so that the legal default (in the absence of any other outcome getting majority support) is switched to revoke rather than leave. 

A bit like the amendment that Labour were ordered not to support when it was tabled back in March / April.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Amend the legislation so that the legal default (in the absence of any other outcome getting majority support) is switched to revoke rather than leave. 

A bit like the amendment that Labour were ordered not to support when it was tabled back in March / April.

Amend which legislation?

This could only happen in the Labour Party, good old Wavertree CLP (And Unison and Momentum)

They've managed to select a Pro-Brexit (Unison and Momentum) candidate in Wavertree, a heavily remain constituency

She was elected on a 13.5% turnout of members. To say this constituency is out of touch and out of control is an understatement

A large number of members have given up in Wavertree, sick of the constant dogs abuse they receive

• Like 1

This is beyond desperate.  Just a shame it's the kind of thing that would resonate with their throbber readership.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7617707/Jeremy-Corbyn-caught-taking-nap-train-rest-country-cheered-England.html#reader-comments

Jeremy Corbyn is caught taking a nap on a train to Scotland as the rest of the country cheered on England against the All Blacks

• Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, 70, pictured asleep on a train to Scotland 
  • Mr Corbyn dropped off during the first half of the England rugby game yesterday
  • The country celebrated after the England team defeated the All Blacks in Japan
  • He tweeted his congratulations somehow deciding it was an 'incredible team'  
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn pictured asleep at 9.55am on a train to Scotland during England¿s triumph

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn pictured asleep at 9.55am on a train to Scotland during England’s triumph 

As the country cheered on England to victory yesterday, Jeremy Corbyn was fast asleep. The veteran Labour leader, 70, was taking a train to Scotland during England’s triumph, and was snapped snoozing soon after the game kicked off at 9am.

A fellow traveller said Mr Corbyn dropped off during the first half and only woke up when there was ‘commotion in the carriage’ at the end of the game.

Despite missing the match, Mr Corbyn tweeted his congratulations as soon as it ended, somehow deciding it was ‘an incredible team performance and hard-fought victory’.

Boris Johnson also tweeted his congratulations. He is understood to have watched the match at his country home and wrote: ‘Immense effort, many congratulations to the whole team. Now for the final!’

A Labour spokesman said: ‘Jeremy followed the game

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Keith Vaz might be facing suspension from Parliament over his "Willingness to purchase cocaine for someone else". Someone got a parachute ready for the new candidate?

It’s alright, he only paid for two rent boys and then indulged in an orgy of sex and drugs......nothing to see here.

Oh and he also seemed to contract amnesia too shortly after it happened rendering his memory redundant.....cos you know, that happens all the time right? You just wake up one day and bam, ‘can’t come into work today boss sorry, got amnesia again soz’......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Keith Vaz might be facing suspension from Parliament over his "Willingness to purchase cocaine for someone else".

Does he get a head start in the next Tory leadership campaign?

Edited by snowychap
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Daily Heil innit. Hardly going to hurt his chances, no potential Labour voter ever read it. It sure is desperate bollocks though

Had a scan through the comments after and was pleasantly surprised.  A step too far even for their readership.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

taking photos of politicians on trains is a pretty low thing to do

My daughter was nearly guilty of this heinous crime the other week, except Alistair Campbell was only waiting for a train at Euston

I'm not sure Barry the Gardener counts as a politian btw, he's more of  a robo-regurgitator

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just went and had a look at the vote on the Queen's Speech last week. (Gov won - 310 v 294)

11 Labour MPs abstained rather than voted against - now two Tory ministers also abstained so I guess two of those could have been paired off but what were the other 9 playing at?

I suppose there could have been a fair bit of pairing going on (Ken Clarke abstained as did Rory Stewart and O'Mara) but it does look rather odd.

Chuck in the two Lib Dems who also abstained (ex-Tory Allen and Norman 'couldn't give a shit anymore' Lamb) and the Soubry mob of 5 and surely it could have been voted down?

A more organised opposition may have managed to do that.

Â