The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

But you said

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Enfranchising the around 3.6m EU citizens living in the UK

So if People living in the UK can vote in a UK referendum, then my logic, from what you said was People living in Scotland can vote in a Scottish referendum

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If a person from say Italy has the right to vote in a referendum  affecting the Uk , presumably as it also directly affects them , why shouldn't that same person have a right to vote in a Scottish referendum that also affects the UK  ?

A person from Italy didn't have the right to vote in the referendum though did they, which in itself was a pretty undemocratic manoeuvre 

Just now, bickster said:

A person from Italy didn't have the right to vote in the referendum though did they, which in itself was a pretty undemocratic manoeuvre 

We weren't discussing the last referendum , we were discussing a policy that could become law should Labour form the next government .. I was mulling out loud the ramifications of such a policy

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

We weren't discussing the last referendum , we were discussing a policy that could become law should Labour form the next government .. I was mulling out loud the ramifications of such a policy

And I was saying the alternate view is pretty undemocratic

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

But you said

So if People living in the UK can vote in a UK referendum, then my logic, from what you said was People living in Scotland can vote in a Scottish referendum

I think we have different definitions of logic tbh  :)

a Scottish referendum impacts all  people living in the UK does it not , how can someone argue its undemocratic to not give a vote to an Italian in one referendum that affects them  , when denying them a vote in another  .. i could accept an argument of  devolution  grants Scotland the right to make its own policy but even that is restricted  , hence the current need for parliament to grant them the referendum

anyhow , as i said I was mainly thinking out loud about if it would have wider implications  , they've got to get elected first 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I think we have different definitions of logic tbh  :)

a Scottish referendum impacts all  people living in the UK does it not , how can someone argue its undemocratic to not give a vote to an Italian in one referendum that affects them  , when denying them a vote in another  .. i could accept an argument of  devolution  grants Scotland the right to make its own policy but even that is restricted  , hence the current need for parliament to grant them the referendum

anyhow , as i said I was mainly thinking out loud about if it would have wider implications  , they've got to get elected first 

You know Independence is the right of self-determination, it's the self bit that's important here

1 minute ago, bickster said:

You know Independence is the right of self-determination, it's the self bit that's important here

the right to self-determination ... as long as we let them  via  a section 30 order   :)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Xann said:

Get him in a nutscape shot.

Two seats in front and diagonally across, and holding up his phone as he types, tantalisingly just out of reading range...unfortunately there’s a bloke opposite him, facing me that keeps looking over.

I’ll see what I can do...

I should have gone with shiftiest claim to fame thread with this one.

**update! GWR internet blocks flickr, which is what I use to upload photos!**

Edited by chrisp65

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

...which by extension, suggests VT is formally endorsed and approved by GWR, the world’s premier train service for arriving in Newport late and penniless.

Fickr is banned in China , maybe you've stumbled onto something and that GWR is a state sponsored Chinese government railway

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

Pull this off and I'll shout you the crystal skull cocktail jug **with the sweets and sparklers** from the local tequila joint.

Oh I’ve got the photo’s, what I don’t have is the ability to get them on here..... yet

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Oh I’ve got the photo’s, what I don’t have is the ability to get them on here..... yet

In the nutscape format? :D

Bravo.

That's tequila, a blunt and a taxi, my shout.

‘Barry had just finished the ‘brief highlights’ version of Labour’s Brexit policy’

48842555971_19b6827657_n.jpg

I should point out, he was travelling standard class, working all the while, smiled at people and had nothing from the trolley on expenses, not even a mojito. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

48842555971_19b6827657_n.jpg

I should point out, he was travelling standard class, working all the while, smiled at people and had nothing from the trolley on expenses, not even a mojito. 

You got the wrong guy in that case.

Â