The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

1. Leave (no deal) 

2. Leave (some form of a deal, let's say the Theresa May one, for tbe sake of argument)

3. Remain

The above wording would enrage the Leavers, as it would split the Leave vote and usher in a Remain win, with quite possibly a smaller number than the combined Leave votes. 

(All fine by me, but I can't see them daring to do it). 

Section 1:

Leave/Remain

Section 2:

If the result for Section 1 is Leave, would you prefer the agreed deal/no deal.

Or you could do the same with a ranking vote. You could probably assume all those voting remain would take any deal over no deal.

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

All or nothing, No deal or Remain.

We'll be here another 10 years negotiating a deal and getting one through parliament as being allowed on the ballot.

I'd prefer waiting another decade than to still be negotiating our way out of WTO terms with some countries in three!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'd prefer waiting another decade than to still be negotiating our way out of WTO terms with some countries in three!

Yeah but No Deal wouldn't win surely, we'd actually have an adequate remain campaign this time.  And if it did still win then as a nation we'd deserve everything we get.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah but No Deal wouldn't win surely, we'd actually have an adequate remain campaign this time

You've seen the Labour Conference?

The LibDems would have to lead the remain team with the bulk of Labour MPs playing their tune

The Tories would again lead the Leave team with Farage leading the No Deal 2nd Team

Meanwhile Jeremy and his cohorts will be riding around the country of a shiny white unicorn talking to the trees

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yes there is, some silly old bat just called LBC and called Farage our Winston Churchill 

An alcoholic happy to switch parties as soon as he thinks it'll benefit him who wants to throw British / Irish relations under a bus?

(said in jest, obvs.)

Edited by ml1dch

So, while I personally consider this to be A Good Thing, what exactly is the point now of a "Labour negotiated deal"?

They're fully signed up to a Customs Union, Single Market alignment, and now all four freedoms of the EU.

So apart from "the removal of all our representation in Council, Parliament and Commission" what exactly are they negotiating to get?

Or to put it another way, in May 2020 What is Prime Minister Corbyn's response in interviews during the referendum campaign when he is asked "why have you bothered to do this?"

18 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

So, while I personally consider this to be A Good Thing, what exactly is the point now of a "Labour negotiated deal"?

They're fully signed up to a Customs Union, Single Market alignment, and now all four freedoms of the EU.

So apart from "the removal of all our representation in Council, Parliament and Commission" what exactly are they negotiating to get?

Or to put it another way, in May 2020 What is Prime Minister Corbyn's response in interviews during the referendum campaign when he is asked "why have you bothered to do this?"

Weren't freedom of movement and  recourse of public funds essentially the concessions Cameron asked the EU for and lost * that then resulted in the referendum being called   ?  now as we already know 17 million people aren't all racists but then again , that's a heck of a risky policy 

Edit -  * Lost might be the wrong term here , I seem to recall he did get some concessions but was pretty much ridiculed back home over them  ? 

Edited by tonyh29

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Weren't freedom of movement and  recourse of public funds essentially the concessions Cameron asked the EU for and lost that then resulted in the referendum being called   ?  now as we already know 17 million people aren't all racists but then again , that's a heck of a risky policy 

That electoral sweet spot between really risky and really pointless. 

As I said, who are they selling that deal to, how, and most importantly why?

Â