The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Just now, Mic09 said:

and said that maybe @tonyh29 is right.

Never or always depending on your meaning :mrgreen:

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Out of interest, do you think that Corbyn will get a better chance at getting his election? Or is there a serious risk he overplayed his hand and he lost his chance? Under what circumstance can he get an election on his own terms?

Look, he wants an election but he can't move for one until "no Deal is off the table," If |Labour agreed with the Tory bill yesterday he would have handed Johnson a huge advantage in being able to set the date and scupper taking No Deal out of the equation. Johnson could have set a date after Oct 31st and done nothing meaning we left with No Deal on 31st Oct, then had an election. Agreeing to that would have been insane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I have mocked Corbyn because I think that he knows he will lose, and I think that is the reason (possibly one of many) that he asked the party to abstain from the vote. 

Seriously, have you read nothing in this topic today. Multiple people have told you exactly why he couldn't do that

Just now, bickster said:

Never or always depending on your meaning :mrgreen:

Look, he wants an election but he can't move for one until "no Deal is off the table," If |Labour agreed with the Tory bill yesterday he would have handed Johnson a huge advantage in being able to set the date and scupper taking No Deal out of the equation. Johnson could have set a date after Oct 31st and done nothing meaning we left with No Deal on 31st Oct, then had an election. Agreeing to that would have been insane.

Don't you think that Corbyn would have made a good play by taking the gamble that the no deal legislation will clear the Lords? Because it looks like it will. 

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Don't you think that Corbyn would have made a good play by taking the gamble that the no deal legislation will clear the Lords? Because it looks like it will. 

Yes - I didn't even think that was a variable.

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Don't you think that Corbyn would have made a good play by taking the gamble that the no deal legislation will clear the Lords? Because it looks like it will

There was a distinct possibility that it wouldn't when the vote was held for starters but that would have been irrelevant if Labour had given Johnson the ability to shut down parliament and call an election AFTER Oct 31st at his choosing.

It made absolutely no sense to agree to it at that time

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

There was a distinct possibility that it wouldn't when the vote was held for starters but that would have been irrelevant if Labour had given Johnson the ability to shut down parliament and call an election AFTER Oct 31st at his choosing.

It made absolutely no sense to agree to it at that time

Wouldn't have the legislation have passed even with the parliament shut down considering it has left the HOC? 

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

wilfully parroting a Tory line that is being trotted out in a number of places including the Spectator

and even by Johnson himself in his frankly awful speech at a Yorkshire Police Training establishment

• Like 2

I went for a drink with an ex-workmate yesterday. He's Jewish, and a Labour Party member, so I asked him what he thought about the antisemitism stuff. He says it's all total bollocks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I went for a drink with an ex-workmate yesterday. He's Jewish, and a Labour Party member, so I asked him what he thought about the antisemitism stuff. He says it's all total bollocks. 

Has his head screwed on clearly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That's obvious grounds for expulsion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Not posted already but explained why it's stupid a number of times by various posters throughout the day. it's like no-one actually reads what is said any moire

Oh come on lighten  up a bit.. it was posted by an impartial poster as a bit of light relief , I don’t think it needs quite that response 

I'm giving him a like just to piss you off :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Lighten up a bit it was posted by an impartial poster as a bit of light relief , I don’t think it needs quite that response 

I'm giving him a like just to piss you off :)

You'd have to have been here at the time to see the rest of us banging our heads against the wall

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

You'd have to have been here at the time to see the rest of us banging our heads against the wall

Blimey , how long exactly did I fall asleep for at that parents meeting earlier  , I’ve missed everything 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Almost as long as Sam Curran did at mid on. ;)

I even missed most of that today ,meetings rather than sleeping though in this case :) 

I looked around 2 pm and they were about 184-4 and then next thing they’ve posted nearly 500  !! Did we bowl underarm or something ? 

Â