The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

On the double presumption that there is to be an election AND the rebel alliance arrange to not oppose each other, I’m in a seat that could change.

2017 result:

Cons and Kippers = 26,400

Labour & Remain Parties = 26,900

Pirate Party = 127

WEP = 177

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

In fairness, this is literally what every Tory sees.

Whilst their MPs loot the place and the Union dissolves, egged on by a tax swerving media, and all telling us Corbyn's unelectable.

:crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Corbyn's credibility is shot, he'll never convince those undecided moderate voters to go for him because he's got no charisma. 

The best thing he could do now is to unexpectedly step aside, and allow a new leader to contest the upcoming election. 

He's the boogeyman that the opposition use to scare voters, and it works. 

I'm not sure who the next leader should be, but someone palatable enough to the Corbyn acolytes and the middle ground voters that are being lost to the Lid Dems really could sweep up in an election. IE be the broad church that Labour claim to be. 

But I fear Corbyn is too stubborn to give up his leadership. 

16 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Why surrender the leadership when you can just lose elections but claim a moral victory for not getting battered as much as people suspect.

9 years of austerity, not to mention the B word, and he's still trading blows with them in polls, whipping Momentum in to a fervour about a Labour government being in power any day now, just wait. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

The best thing he could do now is to unexpectedly step aside, and allow a new leader to contest the upcoming election. 

I can't think of anything the tories and their chums in the media would like more, or which would be more counterproductive. 

It’s going to be a binary choice for most people.

You’re either content with what Boris Johnson is about to give you, or you vote for the most likely non-tory winner in your constituency.

If there’s an election, it could be that simple.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

Corbyn's credibility is shot, he'll never convince those undecided moderate voters to go for him because he's got no charisma. 

He's the boogeyman that the opposition use to scare voters, and it works. 

I'm not sure who the next leader should be, but someone palatable enough to the Corbyn acolytes and the middle ground voters that are being lost to the Lid Dems really could sweep up in an election. IE be the broad church that Labour claim to be. 

Even if that were a good idea -  it isn't - there obviously isn't enough time for a leadership contest before a general election that everyone knows is coming in the next few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Even if that were a good idea -  it isn't - there obviously isn't enough time for a leadership contest before a general election that everyone knows is coming in the next few weeks. 

Isn't that why Labour has a Deputy Leader 🤣

There's very likely to be an election in the middle of October. Corbyn can't stand aside, regardless of how much a lot of the party would like to stab him in the back. There isn't time to replace him and the optics of the party ripping itself apart right before an election is disastrous.

There'll be a sustained and nasty campaign to rid the party of him when the election is a failure again.

If Corbyn lost a second election in a row (which I’d say seems likely at this stage) he would have to stand down and let someone else have a go. 

It would be a pretty disastrous election to lose at the current crossroads the country finds itself in and there would need to be a reckoning for the loser. Even more so than if an opposition leader lost two in a row in ‘normal’ times. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

There's very likely to be an election in the middle of October. Corbyn can't stand aside, regardless of how much a lot of the party would like to stab him in the back. There isn't time to replace him and the optics of the party ripping itself apart right before an election is disastrous.

There'll be a sustained and nasty campaign to rid the party of him when the election is a failure again.

... and rightly so.

• Like 1

In a few years, when you're stood by a hospital bed, reading an email from an insurance company to the effect that they won't be paying for life saving treatment for one of your loved ones. Take some solace from the stand you took against the sluggish complaints system for Jewish complaints in the Labour Party.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Xann said:

In a few years, when you're stood by a hospital bed, reading an email from an insurance company to the effect that they won't be paying for life saving treatment for one of your loved ones. Take some solace from the stand you took against the sluggish complaints system for Jewish complaints in the Labour Party.

No, I'll blame the Labour Party leader for being Pro=Brexit for a good few years before he changed his mind slower than the Ark Royal can do a 360

• Like 1

Â