The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

They need to take their time and find a way to bring in the other brother, but with a bit less of the new labour baggage.

To be honest, I don't think it really matters too much, the Tories will do what they do and in 4 years time it will be like 1997 again. They will win the next one by an absolute landslide and would do even if they kept EM as leader.

If that happens I'll eat paddys hat

Which bit? Dave Miliband or the landslide?

What Mike said, it'll be Mrs Balls. Regardless of politics, they'll come to the conclusion that a women is more electable than any of the men they have.

Would the tabloids have wasted an entire front page on her eating a bacon butty? No, it wouldn't have played the same way with the audience. Women are going to garner sympathy from such tabloid nonsense not ridicule. What was the worst they threw at Sturgeon? A picture of the Krankies. They start attacking a woman in the same way they've discredited all the previous Labour leaders, it'll backfire on them. Thats the kind of sexism that still does exist in society, Labour need to exploit that

• Like 2

What Mike said, it'll be Mrs Balls. Regardless of politics, they'll come to the conclusion that a women is more electable than any of the men they have.Would the tabloids have wasted an entire front page on her eating a bacon butty? No, it wouldn't have played the same way with the audience. Women are going to garner sympathy from such tabloid nonsense not ridicule. What was the worst they threw at Sturgeon? A picture of the Krankies. They start attacking a woman in the same way they've discredited all the previous Labour leaders, it'll backfire on them. Thats the kind of sexism that still does exist in society, Labour need to exploit that

Whilst to an extent I somewhat agree, the media will gun for and ridicule them increasingly underhandedly...

ynvly8gzkaxephjqh1x3qif7hbdrjl.jpeg

Would the tabloids have wasted an entire front page on her eating a bacon butty? No, it wouldn't have played the same way with the audience...

Perhaps. I think that the owners of the Mail, the Express, the Star, the Sun, The Telegraph and the Times will always act in their own interests, and as such those papers editorial line is based on it being inconceivable and utterly unacceptable to them that anyone but the tories should form the government of the UK.

So while they might change their line or style of attack depending on who is leader, attack they will, because their owners tell them to.

Only if Labour were to move their views on the way the media is owned and regulated and were to "allow" people like Desmond, Murdoch, the Barclays etc to carry on untroubled would they change that approach.

• Like 2

What Mike said, it'll be Mrs Balls. Regardless of politics, they'll come to the conclusion that a women is more electable than any of the men they have.Would the tabloids have wasted an entire front page on her eating a bacon butty? No, it wouldn't have played the same way with the audience. Women are going to garner sympathy from such tabloid nonsense not ridicule. What was the worst they threw at Sturgeon? A picture of the Krankies. They start attacking a woman in the same way they've discredited all the previous Labour leaders, it'll backfire on them. Thats the kind of sexism that still does exist in society, Labour need to exploit that

Then all the Tories have to do is get Theresa May or another female then what?

Theresa May is blatantly manoeuvring for the job when Cameron goes. She's consciously adopting all Thatcher's mannerisms.
  • Like 1

Theresa May is blatantly manoeuvring for the job when Cameron goes. She's consciously adopting all Thatcher's mannerisms.

I think you have a valid point there. I dont like May she seems like a vile woman and I think would be a terrible leader. I would not vote for her if she ever became leader.

Think Osbourne or Johnson will take over next

I think you have a valid point there. I dont like May she seems like a vile woman and I think would be a terrible leader. I would not vote for her if she ever became leader.

I agree with you on May, Dem.

I understand that Boris J is popular with people, but I can't see a single other tory [edit - I can, there's 3, added below] who also doesn't come across as vile, though. I know I don't like them anyway, but honestly, they don't to me come across well. Which ones do to you?

Osbourne - isn't he a bit snide like? - he looks like he's secretly just put a poo in someone else's school bag and is trying not to smirk about what he's done.

Gove - "look at me, look at me - I've just done an idea..." "...thought about it? no, why?"

IDS - "Try not to actually touch any of the equipment, Ian - do you want to go and play with those rocks over there, in the sandpit - there's some toy soldiers and a digger"

And then there's a load that look like they are lizard people inhabiting the decaying corpses of former humans.

Oh and David Davies and Ken Clark and Zak Goldsmith who are still humans and whatever their politics actually seem to believe something - they're not too bad.

[second edit - as this is the Labour leader thread] - Unfortunately there aren't many Labour ones who come across well, either. Some of them every bit as bad as the tories in relating to people. It's unlikely to be an inspiring choice, but perhaps AWOL's pick might be - I've never heard of him, mind.

• Like 2

Jo Johnson or Rory Stewart, perhaps.

As for Labour, probably Mrs Bollocks.

Liz Kendall and Chuka getting a few nasty looks and words it seems for their early declarations of interest.

Tristram Hunt?

He seems to be the one i'm seeing actively engaging the media in the last few days

Another bad omen for him then. Though I do think a Labour Leader by the name of Tristram would be hilarious

• Like 1

Â