The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Was that The State, Bicks?  Where they filmed the club scenes in Letter to Brezhnev, as you say, and also the video for the Bronski Beat hit, "Hit That Perfect Beat".  Which was on the film soundtrack of course, and a line from which was referenced in my comment above!

2 minutes ago, Risso said:

Was that The State, Bicks?  Where they filmed the club scenes in Letter to Brezhnev, as you say, and also the video for the Bronski Beat hit, "Hit That Perfect Beat".  Which was on the film soundtrack of course, and a line from which was referenced in my comment above!

Yes. I'm also in that Bronski Beat video as it happens. 😁

1 hour ago, Xela said:

She'll still be claiming her £77k salary from prison

Until she loses her seat, same as any employee would get their pay until their employer manages to get rid of them.  I'm not sure how the unusually generous pension arrangements for MPs apply in these circumstances.

As an aside on sentencing policy, compare and contrast:

2 hours ago, peterms said:

Until she loses her seat, same as any employee would get their pay until their employer manages to get rid of them.  I'm not sure how the unusually generous pension arrangements for MPs apply in these circumstances.

As an aside on sentencing policy, compare and contrast:

I’m not sure of your point , is it a racism one you are trying to make or that Scottish law isn’t as good as English law ? 

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’m not sure of your point , is it a racism one you are trying to make or that Scottish law isn’t as good as English law ? 

Well, the points are as follows.

1.  The disparity is evident.  Both are crimes.  Both have pleaded not guilty and been found guilty.  One is a 3 point driving conviction.  The other is a series of sex offences against a child.  As a society,  we ragrd the second and more serious, by a great degree, but the sentences award the exact opposite punishments; there is something wrong here.  Do you disagree?

2.  This degree of randomness in criminal justice sentencing is unacceptable.  Again, your opinion is welcome.

3.  Yes, there is a racial element in this.  You'd have to be blind not to see it.  No?

4.  There may also be Freemasonry involved, and this calls for a separate, independent amd wholly publicly accountable investigation.  With no masons involved.

Â