The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, blandy said:

I can't see it happening either.

I know it's only one momentum pillock and they're not all so monumentally unaware, but strewth!! The whole momentum thing has both good and bad parts - it's good that it's shaken up some of the time-serving, buggins turn, cosy stitch up stuff that's always present in any party and replaced it with enthusiasm and zest.

It's just a shame that the enthusiasm and zest is too often for anti-semetic, bigoted, self entitled, egotisitcal effwits, with not the feintest clue about, y'know, reality. 

Momentum has one major floor, that I just cannot reconcile in my head. Namely, Jon Lansman. It's sold as a democratic, member lead organisation, but when you scratch the surface, it is in fact run at the whim of Lansman, who calls the shots, and can run roughshod over everything they do. I'm glad of it's existence, and the way it's helped elevate the Left in the party, and with the voting public. I was also very impressed the way they managed to mobilise members during the election, but I'm also very wary of any involvement I have with them, on a national level.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Momentum has one major floor, that I just cannot reconcile in my head. Namely, Jon Lansman. It's sold as a democratic, member lead organisation, but when you scratch the surface, it is in fact run at the whim of Lansman, who calls the shots, and can run roughshod over everything they do. I'm glad of it's existence, and the way it's helped elevate the Left in the party, and with the voting public. I was also very impressed the way they managed to mobilise members during the election, but I'm also very wary of any involvement I have with them, on a national level.

Just read he owns a chain of McDonalds restaurants ... it all makes sense now , get a protest movement going and then cash in on the insurance (whilst publicly calling out McDonalds over its appalling working conditions and low pay ) ....

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Owen Smith: "this Brexit stuff is a bit silly really, isn't it?"

Jeremy Corbyn: "you're fired"

I'm sure they're still just biding their time and waiting for opinion to move though.

I suppose the issue was specifically demanding a second referendum, rather than saying 'Brexit is a bit silly'. 

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I suppose the issue was specifically demanding a second referendum, rather than saying 'Brexit is a bit silly'. 

Corbyn really does need to wake up and smell the bacon

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I should imagine the conversation went something like:

"Say that again and you're fired"

"I'll say it again because I believe it"

"You're fired then". 

A bit ruthless for my liking but I guess it's one way to make sure the shadow cabinet are all singing from the same hyme sheet. Sack 'em if they're not.

Corbyn flexing his muscles again, I'm not sure how I feel about it. 

3 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I should imagine the conversation went something like:

"Say that again and you're fired"

"I'll say it again because I believe it"

"You're fired then". 

A bit ruthless for my liking but I guess it's one way to make sure the shadow cabinet are all singing from the same hyme sheet. Sack 'em if they're not.

Corbyn flexing his muscles again, I'm not sure how I feel about it. 

Its a bit bloody hypocritical if you ask me, his entire career has been built on not agreeing with Labour Party policy

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its a bit bloody hypocritical if you ask me, his entire career has been built on not agreeing with Labour Party policy

And he never served in the cabinet, or doubt would have expected to, whilst doing so in fairness. It is nothing new is it cabinet ministers expected to tow the line.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Just now, markavfc40 said:

And he never served in the cabinet, or doubt would have expected to, whilst doing so in fairness. It is nothing new is it cabinet ministers expected to tow the line.

Exactly, you said it yourself... its nothing new and what with Corbyn supposedly breaking the mold and being different an all that, it turns out he's exactly the same

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Exactly, you said it yourself... its nothing new and what with Corbyn supposedly breaking the mold and being different an all that, it turns out he's exactly the same

If you have cabinet ministers singing off different hymn sheets it is hardly going to play out well is it regardless of if Corbyn wants to break molds. Maybe Smith should have stepped down from the cabinet if he is that far out of touch with the leader. I have no problem with what Smith said by the way.

The thing that frustrates me is that the criticism seems to have gone seamlessly from 'he's useless, such a weak leader, nobody in his parliamentary party agrees with him' to 'what a rotter for enforcing collective shadow cabinet responsibility' as if those two positions were something other than damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. 

• Like 3

Corbyn needed a ‘look! Over there!’ moment following the latest expose of his special relationship with all things Jewish. 

Owen Smith is a bit of a knob so little collateral damage with his Trot’ base. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If you have cabinet ministers singing off different hymn sheets it is hardly going to play out well is it regardless of if Corbyn wants to break molds. Maybe Smith should have stepped down from the cabinet if he is that far out of touch with the leader. I have no problem with what Smith said by the way.

Or alternatively, if that’s the philosophy, if the leader is that out of touch with the Labour Party in general, maybe he should step down

He is most definitely out on a limb when it comes to Brexit, he is very much the minority opinion within the Party.

It reminds me of the RCP in the 80’s who would disagree with most conventional left thinking people almost to a point of principal that they ended up siding with the Tories. And that is exactly what Corbyn is doing, he’s doing the Tories work for them, he’s not opposing at all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Or alternatively, if that’s the philosophy, if the leader is that out of touch with the Labour Party in general, maybe he should step down

He is most definitely out on a limb when it comes to Brexit, he is very much the minority opinion within the Party.

It reminds me of the RCP in the 80’s who would disagree with most conventional left thinking people almost to a point of principal that they ended up siding with the Tories. And that is exactly what Corbyn is doing, he’s doing the Tories work for them, he’s not opposing at all.

The question of 'who's more in touch with the Labour Party, Owen Smith or Jeremy Corbyn' might be considered to have been settled fairly comprehensively in recent history. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â