The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

I don't think, you think, that should be the case. Nor should it be. Too short a time. But after that? I suspect whatever the outcome of the next GE, Corbyn or Labour  will not have a majority.  Which would mean he hasn't won the last 2 elections. Has anyone from either side ever lasted after that?

6 minutes ago, colhint said:

I don't think, you think, that should be the case. Nor should it be. Too short a time. But after that? I suspect whatever the outcome of the next GE, Corbyn or Labour  will not have a majority.  Which would mean he hasn't won the last 2 elections. Has anyone from either side ever lasted after that?

I think that's probably closer to the truth. Unless the party is closer to power, he might step down. 

I don't really know how the Labour party works internally. I don't know how much momentum has a say. I am led to believe their influence is significant, maybe wrong. But if it is wouldn't they just replace with a like for like?

3 minutes ago, colhint said:

I don't really know how the Labour party works internally. I don't know how much momentum has a say. I am led to believe their influence is significant, maybe wrong. But if it is wouldn't they just replace with a like for like?

Depends what you mean by influence, not directly. Some members are also members of Momentum, but there is no direct influence - and most of the work done by Momentum is on the outside of things, with no direction from the Labour party.

4 minutes ago, colhint said:

My whole pension is based on a ten quid bet that the next Labour leader will be Chuka Umunna, having first joined the SNP then parachuted in as labour Leader on a Bosman.

• Haha 2

Corbyn flustered tonight ... to top it off he just  said  he (Johnson ) wants to take this party into an erection of a trade deal with America 

Edited by tonyh29

30 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Corbyn flustered tonight ... to top it off he just  said  he (Johnson ) wants to take this party into an erection of a trade deal with America 

I would say angry that the PM is willing to break the law and is sat there smirking about it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

My whole pension is based on a ten quid bet that the next Labour leader will be Chuka Umunna, having first joined the SNP then parachuted in as labour Leader on a Bosman.

You're just piggybacking on Dem's analysis earlier.  ;)

On 08/05/2015 at 14:16, Demitri_C said:

I am tipping Chuka Umunna as Labour need a complete revamp and modernising after this disaster election. seems to have done well in his local area.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I saw that on the telly last night. I (genuinely) thought Corbyn was pretty good. He gave the floppy Johnson a stiff talking to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

I saw that on the telly last night. I (genuinely) thought Corbyn was pretty good. He gave the floppy Johnson a stiff talking to.

Same. He was legitimately angry at the contempt Johnson holds for his office, Parliament and the population. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Same. He was legitimately angry at the contempt Johnson holds for his office, Parliament and the population. 

It's irrelevant how good he was.  Most of the public will just see/accept The Sun/Mail's spin on it similar to last week's chicken front page.

Edited by Wainy316

19 minutes ago, blandy said:

interesting .... to me , Corbyn shouting and getting flustered I found very negative (no surprise ) , he kept missing his words ,partly as a result of his lack of control  ....some some to defend this as passion and his anger , i personally thought he was rattled  ...  Corbyn's speech looked even more inept when Blackford came on after him with that measured and controlled manner of his , I'm no lover of the SNP and their brand of hypocrisy but Blackford does have quite a statesman like feel to him

i thought Boris did what he does best (subjective) that sort of ambling but quite witty style that infuriates haters but makes others kinda like him ... I'd be gobsmacked if anyone on VT saw it as anything but the complete opposite though

i'd imagine we can all agree though that Swinson was rubbish ..again

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Â