Snatch!

chrisp65

I checked with the insurance on my records and CD's. I wanted clarification that I'd said I had no single item worth a decent amount of money, but did my music collection count as lots of £6.99 items or one big item.

They assured me it wasn't worth much! They were very nice, they said it's individual items but take lots of photos showing each individual one and framed so the picture is clearly taken in your house. So that was a great day, playing with CD's for legit administrative porpoises.

Don't really have anything of any worth tbh apart from the usual TV, ps4, etc... bit that's all replaceable.

If I was forced to save something then maybe my Juve del piero shirt from his last season there and the wwe collection.

Ooo or my terry pratchet disc world books but even they are replaceable.

...take lots of photos showing each individual one and framed so the picture is clearly taken in your house. So that was a great day, playing with CD's for legit administrative porpoises.

With CDs, couldn't you do a slow pan down the spines with something that records video?

Edited by Xann
  • Like 1

...take lots of photos showing each individual one and framed so the picture is clearly taken in your house. So that was a great day, playing with CD's for legit administrative porpoises.

With CDs, couldn't you do a slow pan down the spines with something that records video?

Probably, had I thought of it. or if I'd been having less fun arranging them all over the dining table in some semblance of categorise (mostly white covers, 60's compilations, crap I still wont get rid of).

Probably my laptop, all old family photos are at my mom and dad's so I wouldn't have to worry about that.

Other than that, probably a guitar or some of my ancient Beanos and Dandys. How boring  :unsure:

Interesting that so many don't a) have everything electronic backed up outside their house and B) have hard to replace valuables adequately protected.

You can get a decent sized fireproof cabinet for £300. Not the most attractive thing to have in your house and probably not a perfect solution, but better than just hoping you're at home if a fire starts.

• Like 1

Interesting that so many would save pictures.

Yes, I can understand people saving 'old' pre digital pictures. They reinforce our good memories and family stories.

But needing to save laptops and discs? Surely if there was something important or of sentimental value on a modern device there should also be a backup somewhere else so you only lose hardware in a blue screen crash / fire / theft / incident with coffee?

edit - beaten to it!

I invested in a small decent safe a few years ago, if that got stolen they'd be easily spotted jogging down the road with half my concrete floor.

Edited by chrisp65

Interesting that so many don't a) have everything electronic backed up outside their house and B) have hard to replace valuables adequately protected.

You can get a decent sized fireproof cabinet for £300. Not the most attractive thing to have in your house and probably not a perfect solution, but better than just hoping you're at home if a fire starts.

I imagine your house to look like some kind of nerd apocalypse bunker.

I hope the VT sever is in your fireproof cabinet?

I'd take my phone. Because Villa Talk.

Â