Midweek football 4/7 May

andykeenan

and im right as well. Id put his managerial achievements on same level as Neil Lennon. winning a one team league 2 seasons in a row doesnt impress me afte rmanaging some of the greatest players in a generation

Paul Lamebrt/Alex McLeish combo could have led Barcelona 2008-11 to all them trophies

Oh my.

Did anyone else see that Messi's goal was exactly the same as his goal at Wembley in 2011?

and im right as well. Id put his managerial achievements on same level as Neil Lennon. winning a one team league 2 seasons in a row doesnt impress me afte rmanaging some of the greatest players in a generation

Paul Lamebrt/Alex McLeish combo could have led Barcelona 2008-11 to all them trophies

Oh my.

Did anyone else see that Messi's goal was exactly the same as his goal at Wembley in 2011?

Zatman is the CED of Football.

Oh my.

Similar, but he had the freedom of Wembley to pick his spot and van der Sar got beaten in the middle of the goal. Yesterday he had about a yard and got it right in the corner. That Wembley game was ridiculous, Fergie played 4-4-2 with Carrick and Giggs in the middle up against Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. If people think Pep was daft yesterday, Fergie looked equally daft and he was an alright manager. It's just Barca innit.

If Enrique wins a treble this year, it's not going to help Pep's cause is it?

No-one raves about him as a manager, in fact, up until December he was regarded as a joke. Is this a case of the players managing themselves, or is Enrique actually quite good?

Like the Football Ramble says,

if winning the treble, having beaten Pep's Bayern Munich in the semi and potentially Real Madrid in the final doesn't win people round, nothing will!

No-one raves about him as a manager, in fact, up until December he was regarded as a joke. Is this a case of the players managing themselves, or is Enrique actually quite good?

No but you're only as good as the players you have at your disposal

or Pep was never that good ;)

Oh my.

well I havent really hear anybody actually counter point that Guardiola is actually that good. 

Chasing an away goal he takes off his best chance of it in Muller

persists with a full back in centre midfield who again isnt impacting the big games like at the world cup

doesnt play Gotze until last 20 minutes, would have offered more than Thiago

zero shots on target

2nd champions league semi final in a row he is embarrassed

going man to man marking on the best attack in Europe

this was all just last night ;)

Oh my.

well I havent really hear anybody actually counter point that Guardiola is actually that good. 

Chasing an away goal he takes off his best chance of it in Muller

persists with a full back in centre midfield who again isnt impacting the big games like at the world cup

doesnt play Gotze until last 20 minutes, would have offered more than Thiago

zero shots on target

2nd champions league semi final in a row he is embarrassed

going man to man marking on the best attack in Europe

this was all just last night ;)

Exactly.

But anyway, my comment was a joke. Aimed at you seemingly not rating any good manager/team ever ;)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I rate teams but I cant stand a lot of managers, for some reason in last 10 years their is too much emphasis on talking about tactics winning games and not on players. Football really is a simple game and these idiots are trying to complicate it

One of main reasons I like Tim

*im not saying tactics arent useful but not as important as people are making out ;)

• Like 1

Â