AVR#119 Aston Villa review episode 119, Villa dominate Everton

The_Rev

MAY 4, 2015

Aston Villa Review: Episode 119 - Villa dominate Everton to take three vital points
When Leicester City hammered Newcastle United on Saturday there was a sense amongst Aston Villa supporters that it might not be the best result for Tim Sherwood's side. There was, though, one way to turn it into the best possible outcome from that lunchtime kick-off: beat Everton and overtake both of them. Villa did just that with a 3-2 victory at Villa Park, a victory whose scoreline flattered not the victors but the visitors.

Goals from Christian Benteke and Tom Cleverley edged Villa closer to Premier League safety, and the focus of this week's Aston Villa Review is an assessment of Saturday's win. We discuss Villa's goalkeeping situation and renewed ability to win matches in midfield, and look tentatively ahead to another home game this coming Saturday afternoon. Can Villa take another three points against West Ham United to consolidate their position at the top of the bottom?

zwSLBJQ.jpg

show page

mp3 file (left click to stream, right click to save)

• Like 2

Be interested to know what you thought of Okore's jitters.

Pure defending, he's great. On the ball, he makes my heart stop.

Edited by Tomaszk

Be interested to know what you thought of Okore's jitters.

Pure defending, he's great. On the ball, he makes my heart stop.

Easy answer: I dislike his jitters. I think they're more on the ball in the box than anything else, which is a bit of a concern for me.

Â