Ratings and Reactions: Villa - Everton

limpid

Excellent result, well chuffed. Bring on the next one, and bring on the FA Cup Final! If we'd played like this all season, I wonder where we'd finish, I think we're more than top10 good, maybe even top6 if we cut out the defensive errors.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Clattenburg didn't referee Everton for five years after they complained about his performance in the Merseyside derby.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everton were atrocious but that takes nothing away from the teams performance though only thing worse than Everton performance was Clattenburg, What a disgrace 

Top class all over the pitch, particularly the midfield.

Thought we were a little more sideways in the first half, and it was pretty quiet in the holte, but much more singing second half and great front foot football.

I certainly don't think we should try and close games out !

Cleverly has an absolutely incredible amount of energy....reminds me very much of Des Bremner, our most underated player ever in my view. I can see why delph mom, real leaders display,but cleverly close, Westwood superb at holding - although he had chances to probe straight through the middle several times in the first half and choose the old sideways stuff.

One period of possession in the first half, and one in the second, were different class.

Terrific.

Clatenburg was woeful.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

Great win, very important three points. Clattenburg was awful, how that foul wasn't called on Shay for their second is completely beyond me. Really pleased for Cleverley, that was a sweet goal.

Good news everyone: we are no longer the lowest scorers in the league!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Even Phil Dowd would've been ashamed of that Clattenberg performance.

Another fabulous display by the team nonetheless. Didn't crumble after their penalty something that would've been a formality not too long ago. I really believe Sherwood can be the guy to finally cure our ineptitute at Villa Park.

I'd say Delph was MOTM but it was another dynamic team performance - every player did well. I'd like the 'Christmas tree' formation to be used as our default one until the season's end.

The only concern for me is that we still seem to lose our shape towards the end of the game and tend to give up soft goals, but hopefully this is only the importance of staying up that makes them a bit nervous.

Excellent result, well chuffed. Bring on the next one, and bring on the FA Cup Final! If we'd played like this all season, I wonder where we'd finish, I think we're more than top10 good, maybe even top6 if we cut out the defensive errors.

Maybe not top 6 aha.

Win against an in-form Everton was an excellent result. Scoreline flatters them really because they were pretty poor and we dominated the game.

Only downside was the scrappy goals conceded an our inability to keep the ball in the dying stages of a game

It's clear that everyone is enjoying playing in this system and we won at home for once

Great from Villa against 12 men. 35 points now... How are we not safe yet?! :( Anyway, I take one important message from this..

.. Bring on all challengers.

Cracking game.

Loved seeing the new-found confidence in the side, like how Grealish controlled a wayward kick from Given, then turned and set up the attack that led to the first goal. So many times his control of the ball in midfield turned defence into attack.

Our midfield completely dominated the majority of the game. Brilliant stuff.

Â