Watford

VillaChris

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I know he's a bloser but Deeney is an good player

Walsall have a 20% sell on clause so just wish he'd move!!

10 league goals isn't it now and set up a shed load for Ighalo when he was in hot form, sure clubs will be interested, maybe Leicester?

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

dont think he good enough to get a big move though he is a fine player, his movement is very underrated and he better that Ighalo

Pretty sure Leicester bid for him last summer. If they come in for him again that's a serious decision to be made even if he is just a squad player....at a championship league club.

Spurs and West Ham also need another striker looking at their squads. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not to single Watford out, but I looked at their squad and they only have 3 English players in the 28 and one of those is Jerome Sinclair, who hasn't played. Its just Deeney and Watson. They also have a load more overseas players (like Oulare) out on loan.Plus they are about to sign Okaka 

I just hope Villa never become like that. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not to single Watford out, but I looked at their squad and they only have 3 English players in the 28 and one of those is Jerome Sinclair, who hasn't played. Its just Deeney and Watson. They also have a load more overseas players (like Oulare) out on loan.Plus they are about to sign Okaka 

You must be bored if your on a Watford thread on bank hol Monday.

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

52758796.jpg

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Bunn, Richards, Lescott, Richardson, Baker, Westwood, Gardner, Gabby, and a maximum of 3 foreigners. Perfect.;)

No I agree with you, the amount of money spent on St. George's Park needs to produce more home grown talent. It will take time. But time isn't something that top flight clubs have when there is so much TV money at stake.

• 1 month later...

Watford investigated by Football League over 'forged bank letter'

Watford are being investigated by the Football League for allegedly supplying false financial information.

The Telegraph newspaper claims it has obtained a forged bank letter submitted when Gino Pozzo became the Hornets owner before the 2014-15 campaign.

Watford won Premier League promotion that season, and could have points deducted or be fined if they are found to be at fault.

Watford said they are carrying out an internal investigation.

An EFL spokesman confirmed it had started an investigation into "serious allegations" and had contacted the club after receiving information from the newspaper.

He said Watford had been asked to "provide a full and detailed response to the allegations".

The Telegraph claims the "fabricated" document shows that the holding company which owns Watford - Hornets Investment Ltd - had enough money to be issued a bank guarantee of up to £7m and therefore allow Italian Pozzo to take control of the club.

The newspaper says there is no indication that Pozzo himself knew that the letter had been obtained or submitted on his behalf.

In a statement, Watford said it had "no prior knowledge of any concerns about the authenticity of the document" and that more than £20m had been invested in the club since the takeover.

It said the club "takes this matter extremely seriously" and would report back to the EFL next month.

But surely the FA and Football League tests are robust and thorough so they would check things like this with a simple confirmation with the provider or I don't know obtain the proof from source rather than the interested party.

No of course not.

Â