Watford

VillaChris

"maybe the board are to blame.":lol:

Hull fans despise the Allam family for way they've run things last few years. I think protests will start up again now which will hit any Hull promotion bid.

They started last season with about 11 senior players I think, I was surprised they got as many points as they did.

On 29/08/2016 at 16:44, Rugeley Villa said:

You must be bored if your on a Watford thread on bank hol Monday.

I'm really really bored, trawling back through the Watford thread to 2016, on a bank holiday, at 6:45, up with the little one! 

And Marco Silva, good appointment, but if I were him I'd have preferred the Palace job, much better players to work with. 

• Like 1

Agreed ^^

Have to say I am quite surprised he took this job. Not a club that takes their time with managers, and he probably could have got a much better position if he had waited.

I guess he wanted a job quickly so he could have a full season in the league with pre-season. I am also presuming the turnover of players at Watford was an attractive option for him, as he could rebuild the squad like he did at Hull.

Would not be surprised to see him resign Grosicki and Ranocchia. 

• 7 months later...

They should have let him go to Everton, but I can't say I blame them for sacking him. He was obviously making eyes at other clubs, and their form is abysmal. It's all very well being 'ambitious' and 'upwardly-mobile' but it only works while the results are at least decent. They could still get relegated this season. 

• Like 1

I still think he's a very good manager, at 10th in the league you'd wonder what Watford can really expect, although they are only 5 points off the relegation zone and in poor form. Everton killed their momentum but his response throughout was pretty awful and amounted to a shoulder shrug when asked if he was leaving. 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fair play. Some clubs including ourselves in the past have just sacked and had no plan in place

Yeah, but in our case it was often better to have no plan at all than to have our existing manager!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really miffed we didn't try for Ken Sema during the last 2 years. No doubt in my mind we could have got him.

Now he went to Watford for £3m, a steal.

Apparently he's won every medical test during pre season. pace, strength, jumping reach...

He's not going to dominate in the PL, not even close.

But he is going to make life difficult for a lot of defenders when he plays.

He's basically Adama Traore but with a brain. And he cost £3m.

• 3 weeks later...

Pereryra had a brilliant start to the season, really enjoyed watching him play so far.

This is more attractive Watford than in recent years. That said they'll probably get to 40 points in March and then not win a game for rest of season.

Â