Pre-match thread

roonst83

They've won five out of the last six. Today isn't an anomaly. I'm not saying we don't have a chance of winning, just that it will be tough and Everton will not be on the beach.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

This will be tougher than Spurs away, of that I'm sure. We need to put in another good performance and possibly get a slice of luck. No reason we can't win but Everton are one of the form sides in the league and seem to enjoy winning at our place.

It will be tougher as our home form has been far worse than our away form for the last 4 seasons. I'd rather we had 3 out of the last 4 away tbh. Need to get the home form sorted asap or we are in trouble.

This will be tougher than Spurs away, of that I'm sure. We need to put in another good performance and possibly get a slice of luck. No reason we can't win but Everton are one of the form sides in the league and seem to enjoy winning at our place.

It will be tougher as our home form has been far worse than our away form for the last 4 seasons. I'd rather we had 3 out of the last 4 away tbh. Need to get the home form sorted asap or we are in trouble.

Yeah I agree. I'd have more confidence playing Southampton away than Everton at home to be honest.

We have a very good chance of winning this. Everton are a good side, but we need this more, and with Sherwood we hopefully won't crack under pressure but use it to our advantage.

It's going to be a great game I think.

• Like 1

lack of pace? Really? Coleman, Stones, Jagielka, Baines, Lennon, McCarthy, Barkley, Mirallas and Lukaku are not what I'd call 'lacking pace'...

Anyway, we've not played that great lately but have been keeping clean sheets and picking up wins. We look a lot more solid at the back and dangerous when counter attacking. Coming off the back of our best league performance of the season, it really wouldn't surprise me if we lost to yourselves next week.

Believe you'll stay up regardless but yeah, as always looking forward to my trip to VP

• Like 1

Have to say i'm agreeing with those saying there worried that this is at home rather than away , we just dont look the same team at home .

Really have no idea how this one will go possibly a draw but my god we need 3 points badly .

I'd go with the 3 in midfield weather that means dropping Westwood or Sanchez I dont know , certainly keep Grealish in there though .

--------------- Given 

Bacuna-Okore-Vlaar-Sissokho

-- Cleverley-Westwood-Delph

--------- Zogbia- Grealish

----------- Benteke 

Though i'd possibly drop CNZ if Gabby is available .

• Like 1

massive game, we need points on the board. if we dont win we definatly cant lose it. 4 points from everton and west ham is a must, if we can get 6 points were are safe IMO

Everton do not lack pace, though where they will struggle is tracking the energy and tenacity of our midfield 3/4. In particular whoever is on Grealish will also have to watch for the overlap of Delph. Martinez is going to have to be very cute to keep a lid on those two in particular and if I were an Everton fan I would be concerned whether they can match us for desire, particularly after their win the other day which affectively bookended their season.

They were excellent on Sunday mind, as excellent as United were absolutely tat of course, and we will have to watch for those counter attacks because we will undoubtedly go for the jugular. I think of the two teams we are better suited to the toe to toe punch up but I'm also fairly certain they will score.

Tough one to call. I fancy a 1-1.