Cameron is no Villa fan!

MikeMcKenna

He's made us look very small time

No offense YLN, but saying what you just said makes us look small time, if anything.

We don't need to think what others think of us, we're Aston Villa!

Edited by AVTuco

I do not consider it is in any real doubt that he is a Villa fan. I guess his speech writer may have got this one very wrong and he had not realised what he had said was not quite the case until after he had said it. I think other politicians may have done the same once or twice in the past. ;)

John I think you are being too kind. I don't know any "true" Villa fan who could make such a mistake. That he may "prefer" Villa due to the Dugdale family connection I accept, but his remarks show him to be A fraud.

Happy to be considered as being "too kind" Mike. :)

His late uncle took him to Villa Park and he has been a fan or had a preference for us over other football clubs in the years since then. I would see him as more of a fan than say Tom Hanks for example but less of a fan than both of us by some very considerable distance. He has said a lot about us in the past that was positive and that outweighs this one off remark for me. But I trust we can agree to differ on how serious this slip up is in the grand scale of things Mike.

John, You are right that in "the grand scale of things" it is of little significance but anything negative against the Tories suits me. I have little time for any celebrity supporters but particularly dislike his affected support even more :-) Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

No offense YLN, but saying what you just said makes us look small time, if anything.

I think what you're saying makes us look small time.

Really guys?

he's made himself look small time

Exactly. I Get it, politicians are busy and don't have time to watch football. Better just to be honest about it. I don't know if it's any more embarrassing than Blair saying his favourite footballer was Arjan de zeeuw though.

Haha, ok mate, I think you're right, it does. :)

He probably has a stronger family connection to the club than most. He is a Villa fan. He even attended the QPR game this season! Having seen the speech it's clear he is reading it so he's reading what he's speech writer wrote. He actually blushes afterwards knowing he has made a mistake. Taking away political allegiances he is a Villa fan. Simple as that.

That's very funny. "He EVEN attended the QPR game this season"

• Like 1

He doesn't write his own speeches, or bother to check what the person who does write them has written - that much is clear.

So a shiny PR marketing man gets shown up by the veneer of authenticity peeling off.

Â