Ratings and Reactions: Man City - Villa

limpid

Harsh result, especially since Sanchez won the ball in the tackle that gave away the free kick. The initial mistake was rotten but we rounded well. We look decent going forward, with good performances from Grealish, Cleverly and Delph, but defensively we were really poor and Richardson remains a liability. And as for Benteke; well, he might be scoring goals but if he really wants to be thought of as a great player he should try being onside once in a while.

I'm sickened after that. It was a great display in one way but terrible in the way that we gave them all 3 goals with errors. That ref is a dick and always favours the big teams. 

Delph MOTM

overall lots of positives, but set piece defending, particularly from corners is a bit concerning. we let clint hill score for QPR, we gave liverpool 3 free headers last week, very poor for the winning goal today. 

and what bacuna and richardson were doing on the free kick i have no idea, pathetic by those 2

Gutted, didn't deserve to lose that, but then again we lost due to some individual errors. You could have argued that Hart could of conceded a penalty and got sent off at the end there before they got the winner, but that's football, you get the decisions and you don't. We should get enough points in the last few games now, and we've got an FA cup final to look forward to! I can't remember the last time (in the league before you all point it out to me!) we gave them a right good going at at their place, so it's a good performance whereas under PL we would have crumbled and got beaten quite convincingly. Had a lot of possession too.

Terrific.

3 games in a row away against top six sides won two scored 5 and played the better football each time.

Great to see city hanging on.

Those mistakes won't happen every week, if we play like that well be fine.

Most defences make mistakes, though guzans was a real howler.

Overall I actually thought we defended pretty well, attacked well, and dominated midfield for long periods.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

Only -1 to the GD - but to be 2-2 @ 85 then get nothing. 

Bodes well for the forthcoming home games - but the cavalier approach worries me - last minute goals have cost us around 9 points in the last few weeks... 

Robbed but on the balance we were the better team but just lacked a little bit of cohesion with runs, offsides etc.

Sanchez, Grealish, Cleverley great games. Pity about Guzan's **** but to be fair even the best keepers have these moments. 

Based on the way we played tonight you have to give us a chance in each of our remaining games.

Hate seeing our players shake the hands of opposition players when we lose...

Yes, I am a bad loser but thats beside the point... We were robbed today and I **** hate Man City...
We shouldn't be wasting time congratulating them, we should be straight in the tunnel into the dressing room...

**** em...

Unfortunate not to get a point but guzans error was awful, benteke should have scored an easy sitter and citeh should have had a pen. Overall I'm just gutted but I don't think we were robbed, we did it to ourselves.

What it does show is that when we actually concentrate and play football that we can do it and do it very well. It bodes well for the rest of the season and we should be proud for 95% of our performance today.

3 home games vs Everton, West Ham and Burnley and a trip to a beatable Saints. We need to win two of them to be certain of safety. We surely have it in us to do that based on our form since Tim arrived.

I do wish we would stop gifting goals and being offside. It's really irritating seeing that flag go up every 10 minutes.

I'm absolutely sickened. 

The difference between Lambert and Sherwood, aside from the obvious, is that the defeats hurt so much more now. I suppose it's a good thing

• Like 2

Â