Ratings and Reactions: Man City - Villa

limpid

I'll explain what happens to goalkeepers at Villa.

They have a season where they've been fine, but maybe haven't pulled off any spectacular worldy saves. Murmurs start amongst the fans that maybe he isn't that great.

Then they make one mistake (like yesterday's first goal) and everyone suddenly turns on him and blames every goal on him.

It's already started. I've seen in the Guzan thread people blaming the second and third goal yesterday on him? It's madness.

Every goal will be his fault from now on, you watch.

• Like 1

I'll explain what happens to goalkeepers at Villa.

They have a season where they've been fine, but maybe haven't pulled off any spectacular worldy saves. Murmurs start amongst the fans that maybe he isn't that great.

Then they make one mistake (like yesterday's first goal) and everyone suddenly turns on him and blames every goal on him.

It's already started. I've seen in the Guzan thread people blaming the second and third goal yesterday on him? It's madness.

Every goal will be his fault from now on, you watch.

Whilst I agree generally, I would drop him for Given at this point. I think Given has been fantastic in the cup and deserves a shot. If not now then never, basically.

Never then, in my opinion.

Given has done fine in the cup, but he's been as unspectacular as Guzan has been in the league. The Liverpool game must have been one of the quietst of his career. I think I could have managed that one.

I honestly think if that one save in the Leicester match hadn't occurred then the topic of Given replacing Guzan would never have come up.

There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said. Great performance from the lads minus a few key individual mistakes. Everton and West Ham don't have much to play for and after seeing the performance that Burnley put in against Leicester, I can see us winning all three.

Also, can't wait to see Grealish flourish next season. What a talent.

UTV

But the save did happen. He has shown he is capable and I have been impressed with his command of the area.

I'm basically happy with whatever decision is made. Bit of a cop out but there we go.

Yes but my point is it's one save.

He hasn't really been tested otherwise.

I'm not criticising him. He has done perfectly fine and I really like him.

I just don't think he's performed to a level where you have to be picking him. It's not like he's been making a string of saves every match and keeping us in games.

I get the reason behind people wanting Guzan dropped. But I think the bottom line is he's still better than Given, and with the position we're in I don't think it's time to be  changing that with 4 games left.

I haven't been impressed with Guzan of late.  I can recall the Stoke and WBA games in particular where he was making lots of bad decisions.  We've got four games left to save the season, and Guzan's confidence looks shot.  Play Given imo.  I hate to use that tired old saying, but it's four cup finals.  Followed by erm, an actual cup final!

• Like 2

Guzan looks a bit freaked at the moment; he seems a bit short on confidence.This happens to goalkeepers from time to time and he may benefit from a rest.

Particularly as we have Given as back up. I would have no worries if it was decidied to drop Guzan for a while

Â