Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 11 months later...

Not bad. Made quite a few impulsive mistakes actually, jumping forward out of the line chasing Long a few times, missed a few tackles, etc but to be expected when making a debut. But what I did like was positionally he stayed as a pair beside his partner Lescott, which is centre back 101. He also busted a gut to get back when drawn out, both of which that liability Richards can't be **** doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, mwj said:

Not bad. Made quite a few impulsive mistakes actually, jumping forward out of the line chasing Long a few times, missed a few tackles, etc but to be expected when making a debut. But what I did like was positionally he stayed as a pair beside his partner Lescott, which is centre back 101. He also busted a gut to get back when drawn out, both of which that liability Richards can't be **** doing.

I remember Ugo's debut v Norwich and that was a train wreck so Toner is already more promising than Ugo :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

he was OK but a little shaky but as Tony Gale said he would learn a lot more today than he ever would in Under 21 season. Probably could have scored and seems dangerous on set-pieces

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Why? What makes you say that?

Personally I would introduce any more youngsters in until next season if you have the likes of bacuna and lescott in the team. Don't want our youngsters to adopt these idiots desire, attitude or commitment 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Personally I would introduce any more youngsters in until next season if you have the likes of bacuna and lescott in the team. Don't want our youngsters to adopt these idiots desire, attitude or commitment 

You do realise they train with them everyday so any desire, attitude or commitment issues would rub off on them then? Toner is a promising player and even if you don't like Lescott he actually talks through the whole game so he'd learn a hell of a lot playing with him. id rather throw a few in and have a go than watch Bacuna in a Villa shirt ever again!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

You do realise they train with them everyday so any desire, attitude or commitment issues would rub off on them then? Toner is a promising player and even if you don't like Lescott he actually talks through the whole game so he'd learn a hell of a lot playing with him. id rather throw a few in and have a go than watch Bacuna in a Villa shirt ever again!! 

Given Lescott's tendency to be a humongously shit player and a word removed to boot I'd rather he not be infecting the minds of our youngsters with his poison.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â