Kevin Toner

smetrov

18 minutes ago, myko said:

99% of the time it's just an excuse for manager's to cover their own arses and look for the very short term, not the long. Fair play playing Toner today but Eric Black is still a spineless coward in my eyes 

This 100%

Thought he did very well. I understand why some may think he had a poor game - he made one or two glaring errors that probably overshadowed his general play. Take those errors away and he was pretty good - for a youngster breaking through I couldn't really ask for much more.

• Like 3

I met his family last night! They were over for the game and are a lovely bunch of folks. He absolutely adores Villa from what they were saying so i really do wish him all the best. He'll give his all of that i've no doubt. This is the type of player which should be the future for the club. Passionate and genuinely care about AVFC.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I met his family last night! They were over for the game and are a lovely bunch of folks. He absolutely adores Villa from what they were saying so i really do wish him all the best. He'll give his all of that i've no doubt. This is the type of player which should be the future for the club. Passionate and genuinely care about AVFC.

I was sat in front of them - there was a fella that I was thinking must be his dad who had a fine voice on him - "G'wan Kevin!" 

Looking forward to seeing him develop next season. Think he will be a key player for us in the championship in his rightful position as centre back.

Won virtually every header he went for. Read the game well and was calm on the ball (yes to start with he gave it away a couple of times, but after that he gained more confidence, and played it out from the back well). 

I'm under no illusions with this guy, but if he tries hard, wants to be here, doesn't drink himself stupid and gives it his all I'll like him much more than most of the rest of the team. 

We'll need him next season, anyway, so it's good he's got a few minutes. Shame Black hasn't given anybody else a chance. 

• Like 4

Certainly looks to be able to do a job for us next season. I get the impression he will be much like Clark if we ever return to the prem, in that he will be fine to stand in or play a few games, but week in week out he may flounder

Â