Mosaic

Kingman

Not really a fan of the flag but that's just plan stupidity from the FA.

Pretty much this. Signed the petition though - for all the good it'll do. 

Impressed with the statement from the Arsenal fans though. Good work, Gooners.

Edited by choffer

Scarf mosaic confirmed.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4751503,00.html

0,,10265~13755795,00.jpg

It's time for you to once again inspire the team at Wembley - and create a claret and blue wall of colour at the FA Cup final.

Villa face Arsenal on Saturday on the biggest domestic football stage - and you can play your part.

After the success of our crowd mosaic at the FA Cup semi-final following the suggestions of several fan groups, we can confirm that we will be going one step further for the showpiece final with the Gunners.

There will be a scarf mosaic on Saturday to create a visual effect to encourage the team as they make their entrance into the stadium.

Not only will the scarf serve as a fantastic final memento, it will also help you form a striking sight across Wembley.

When you arrive in the stadium you will notice a scarf attached to your seat.

The scarf will be either claret or blue, with a different design on each side.

Please do not remove any scarves from other supporters seats - we need everyone to play their part on the day to ensure we achieve the effect of a mosaic display.

And it's also important that everyone receives their souvenir of the day and respects their fellow fans.

All you need to do is hold the scarf above your head with either side facing the pitch as the players come out of the tunnel - and it should form an amazing sight for those witnessing the Wembley spectacular.

We hope you enjoy a great day out at Wembley and thank you for the ongoing support.

*Please note that due to receiving an extra allocation of tickets, a number of supporters will not receive a scarf in their block on the day.

You will be contacted and receive a voucher post-final for you to be able to redeem in the club shop and collect your scarf next week.

Every single Villa fan at Wembley will receive a souvenir cup final flag. This will be placed on your seat.

• Like 1

Is anyone else worried that some wrong'uns might steal a scarf or two off other people's seats?!

Unfortunately, I think it's an inevitability. Hopefully it'll be kept to a very small minority though. 

Seems we don't have enough scarves for everyone who got a ticket in our allocation, I've just had an email saying that due to the fact we got extra tickets, there aren't enough scarves and the block I am seated in won't have a scarf on their seat.

We will get a voucher for a scarf at the club shop after the final, but I expect the won't be souvenir ones.

Classic planning from the club......  :unsure:

They said that in the announcement - the extra allocation came after they had the scarves made.

I'm not sure it's fair to be angry you're not getting your freebie that they didn't have to give out at all, a few days later

• Like 1

Seems we don't have enough scarves for everyone who got a ticket in our allocation, I've just had an email saying that due to the fact we got extra tickets, there aren't enough scarves and the block I am seated in won't have a scarf on their seat.

We will get a voucher for a scarf at the club shop after the final, but I expect the won't be souvenir ones.

Classic planning from the club......  :unsure:

It's not the club's "fault" - they were told they would get 25000 tickets, then late on they got another 800. They'd presumably ordered the scarves long before, and fair play they're getting another 800, but unfortunately just not in time, due to the late extra tickets. Just be glad the extra 800 tickets meant more people could go.

I understand the frustrations with not having a scarf on the day (especially as this has only impacted on those who got tickets before the extra allocation but at the end of it all there should be a fantastic visual sight to push the lads on and that's all that matters.

Maybe the people that got the 800 extra tickets should get the voucher?

As the 800 extra are lower down, it's good that those people have the scarves on the day.. All about creating something for the team IMO. Believe.

I too have had an email saying our block won't get a scarf on the day, but we will get a flag. Frustrating as we bought our tickets on the 2nd day they were available.

I too think the people who got the extra allocated tickets should have had a voucher & flag instead. But oh well.

Â