Mosaic

Kingman

I hope they do. All the feedback I've seen has been incredibly positive so I'd imagine it's pretty likely.

I guess it depends how much effort it was for the club.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Not a mosaic, but potentially even better!

Finally, I have had a few of you ask about a mosaic at Wembley.  We have talked about this in depth and wanted to do something that would enable every fan to get involved rather than the 6-7,000 under the mosaic.  We also wanted to do something different from the Semi-final. As a result every fan in attendance will be given a very special commemorative scarf. Scarves will be either claret with blue pin stripes or blue with claret pin stripes.  These will be distributed in blocks i.e. one block claret and one block blue, so when seen from a far will give a claret and blue striped effect across all 25,000 Villa fans.  I will send over more details and pictures of the scarves later in the week. It should look excellent!

Who is this quote from? Fox?

Looking forward to the scarves! I read today that MOMS are trying to get a sex pistol type flag for this as well, Surely that would clash with the scarves? Also not a fan personally of the flag design- surprised the club allowed it.

I've read about the flag, and frankly it's embarrassing. No disrespect to the guys involved, I like the idea, but the “Never Mind The Arsenal” thing is pure cringe. Hope it doesn't happen.

I suppose we could apply the old logic-If you don't like it, nobody is stopping you getting your own flag made.

Hats off to all involved in the effort given the short space of time available.

No-Its not the brightest idea to include the opposition. Its not the first time though. Many people found the "Aston Villa-Canary Killer" flag against Norwich in the '75 final hilarious.

Its a flag that will surf prior to kick off-I doubt anyone will over analyse the wording. I hope that its not true that the flag will then be surfed at the North Stand next season. To include Arsenal in the title pretty much narrows it down to one game. I would hope another collection could be made for a more suitable flag for next season. £2000 raised in less than 24 hours suggests that another £2000 could be raised between now and next seasons big kick off.

Â