Fans That Can't Go To The Final

NorthernGordon

The BBC are devoting a full day to the Cup Final, just like they did when I was nipper. Almost want to stop home and watch it. Almost. 

FA Cup: BBC to bring back all-day coverage of final for 2015

The BBC has announced it will devote a whole day of programming to the 2015 FA Cup final, reviving the tradition of all-day coverage of the Wembley showpiece.

The match on Saturday, 30 May sees holders Arsenal take on Aston Villa live on BBC One.

Highlights of the television build-up to the game include special editions of Saturday Kitchen and TOTP 2.

There will also be special content on Radio 5 live and the BBC Sport website.

The programming will include (all times BST):

BBC Breakfast (06:30-10:00, BBC One)
FA Cup Rewind: Classic Finals (08:30-09:30, BBC Two)
MOTD Kickabout (09:30-10:00, BBC Two)
Saturday Kitchen ( 10:00-11:30, BBC One)
FA Cup 50 Greatest Moments (10:00-12:00, BBC Two)
Fighting Talk (11:00-12:00, Radio 5 live)
Football Focus (12:10-13:00, BBC One)
Gary Lineker on the Road to FA Cup Glory (BBC One, 13:00-14:00)
FA Cup TOTP 2 (14:05-14:30, BBC One)
Pointless FA Cup Special (14:30-15:20, BBC One)
The Road to Wembley (15:25-15:55, BBC One)
MOTD LIVE: FA Cup Final Build Up (15:55-17:15, BBC One)
MOTD LIVE: Arsenal v Aston Villa (17:15-19:50, BBC One)
5 live Sport: FA Cup Final: Arsenal v Aston Villa (12:00-19:30, Radio 5 live)
MOTD: FA Cup Final highlights (22:50-23:25, BBC One)

Meanwhile, the BBC Sport website will have live text commentary from 09:00 BST until 22:00 BST with all the build-up, match action and reaction. BBC Sport social media users will be asked to perform their own #facuplift on social media, sharing their images and videos of them lifting their own trophy.

Danny Cohen, the BBC's director of television, said: "The BBC has delivered so much unique FA Cup programming to audiences since its return to BBC TV this season, it's only fitting to end the competition on such a high."

huh

The BBC are devoting a full day to the Cup Final, just like they did when I was nipper. Almost want to stop home and watch it. Almost. 

FA Cup: BBC to bring back all-day coverage of final for 2015

The BBC has announced it will devote a whole day of programming to the 2015 FA Cup final, reviving the tradition of all-day coverage of the Wembley showpiece.

The match on Saturday, 30 May sees holders Arsenal take on Aston Villa live on BBC One.

Highlights of the television build-up to the game include special editions of Saturday Kitchen and TOTP 2.

There will also be special content on Radio 5 live and the BBC Sport website.

The programming will include (all times BST):

BBC Breakfast (06:30-10:00, BBC One)
FA Cup Rewind: Classic Finals (08:30-09:30, BBC Two)
MOTD Kickabout (09:30-10:00, BBC Two)
Saturday Kitchen ( 10:00-11:30, BBC One)
FA Cup 50 Greatest Moments (10:00-12:00, BBC Two)
Fighting Talk (11:00-12:00, Radio 5 live)
Football Focus (12:10-13:00, BBC One)
Gary Lineker on the Road to FA Cup Glory (BBC One, 13:00-14:00)
FA Cup TOTP 2 (14:05-14:30, BBC One)
Pointless FA Cup Special (14:30-15:20, BBC One)
The Road to Wembley (15:25-15:55, BBC One)
MOTD LIVE: FA Cup Final Build Up (15:55-17:15, BBC One)
MOTD LIVE: Arsenal v Aston Villa (17:15-19:50, BBC One)
5 live Sport: FA Cup Final: Arsenal v Aston Villa (12:00-19:30, Radio 5 live)
MOTD: FA Cup Final highlights (22:50-23:25, BBC One)

Meanwhile, the BBC Sport website will have live text commentary from 09:00 BST until 22:00 BST with all the build-up, match action and reaction. BBC Sport social media users will be asked to perform their own #facuplift on social media, sharing their images and videos of them lifting their own trophy.

Danny Cohen, the BBC's director of television, said: "The BBC has delivered so much unique FA Cup programming to audiences since its return to BBC TV this season, it's only fitting to end the competition on such a high."

huh

Possibly have some tenuous football link. Cue terrible football / food puns. Erm... Benteke Fried Chicken. There, happy now?!

When we got to the cup final in 2000 when I was teenager, I had to go to my cousins wedding so missed it. Immediately after the final whistle of the semi-final, I realised that May 30th is the date of one of my best mate's weddings. I've never been to another wedding in May. What are the chances eh?

When we got to the cup final in 2000 when I was teenager, I had to go to my cousins wedding so missed it. Immediately after the final whistle of the semi-final, I realised that May 30th is the date of one of my best mate's weddings. I've never been to another wedding in May. What are the chances eh?

1 in 8?

The Green Man pub at Wembley is probably where I will go, it's Villa only this year. If I can get a ticket for 200 I will pay that but it's likely they will be 500 which I'm not willing to pay.

The Green Man pub at Wembley is probably where I will go, it's Villa only this year. If I can get a ticket for 200 I will pay that but it's likely they will be 500 which I'm not willing to pay.

Will they show the game? I'm thinking of going down and trying my luck but don't want to be without somewhere to watch it if i can't get a ticket 

Yeah it's a football pub

It depends on restrictions. They might have to shut or not serve alcohol during the game. I did email but never got a reply. Got other plans now so haven't bothered to ring to find out.

All day barbecue in Preston for this one, starts at 1pm and continues till late. Neighbours invited, flags bought and ready to be hung. Villacrossthemersey are you still a poster if so let me know if you want to come across from Formby. Food will be provided just bring beer, big screen out on the patio.

Tickets for Clay Oven arrived today. I bought them last week and my numbers are to 250, so it should be a great bash!!

Where is clay oven in relation to Wembley? 

Â