Fans That Can't Go To The Final

NorthernGordon

so my choice for the final is:

1) stay at home, get some beers in, and watch on my own  

2) Go to my mate's 30th bday party in London with all my mates, they are having a BBQ. Would have a great time normally.

But instead i'll need to sneak away into their lounge between 4.30-7.00 to watch the game, and get grief from people for being anti-social. No other Villa (or Arsenal) fans will be there.

What to do?

I assume its showing on BBC?

Normally I would say option 2, but if you're anything like me, you'll be unbearable after the match, no matter the result (assuming you're not with other Villa fans). On the other hand, you'll have plenty of booze at hand, for celebrating / commiserating. Also, does option 1 involve being in or around London? If not, option 2 gives you the chance to ditch the party, and go find some like minded souls.

Edited by dAVe80

Brummie Villans without tickets might be interested in this. It's a screening of the cup final at Boxxed warehouse in Digbeth. There's about 150 free tickets left and you can book up to 9 of them I think, there's just a 50p transaction fee to pay. After that it's £5 per ticket

As the club are yet to set anything in stone I've booked a few tickets as insurance - ta!

I'm considering going to the clay oven. I think this weekend I'll find out whether I have managed to get a couple of tickets through the 'football family' so waiting till I make any plans.

Anybody watching the match somewhere in Bath/Bristol? as ater London or Birmingham that is my third option?

Cant believe the club have not announced we will be doing anything for the fans at home,

First final fa cup final in 15 years, Missed a trick with that one. 

Maybe they will now its Sold out and the ticket office/lines are not in melt down?

Edited by Kingman

They have a couple of weddings booked in, and a company has hired the pitch I believe. This was in place before we made it to the Cup Final. Hence why they can't open the ground up and show it on a big screen.

• Like 1

They have a couple of weddings booked in, and a company has hired the pitch I believe. This was in place before we made it to the Cup Final. Hence why they can't open the ground up and show it on a big screen.

Haha. The best part of all that is that the weddings are more likely than not Villa fans. How unlucky must you be to have planned your wedding day for then!

• Like 1

Haha. The best part of all that is that the weddings are more likely than not Villa fans. How unlucky must you be to have planned your wedding day for then!

I thought the exact same thing! The weddings are going to be full of gutted guests, who would rather be watching the Villa at Wembley!

A Company has hired the pitch? What on earth are they going to do with it?.. They do realise its £200k's worth!

Erm, I'm guessing they'll play football on it.  ;) If it was me though, I'd probably just roll around on it, laughing to myself. 

• Like 1

**** me how much we charging them for us not to cancel and have a big screen on for the fans. 

The wedding reception in the Holte suit i understand, But a kick about at 17.30pm when they have all day!

Edited by Kingman

The BBC are devoting a full day to the Cup Final, just like they did when I was nipper. Almost want to stop home and watch it. Almost. 

FA Cup: BBC to bring back all-day coverage of final for 2015

The BBC has announced it will devote a whole day of programming to the 2015 FA Cup final, reviving the tradition of all-day coverage of the Wembley showpiece.

The match on Saturday, 30 May sees holders Arsenal take on Aston Villa live on BBC One.

Highlights of the television build-up to the game include special editions of Saturday Kitchen and TOTP 2.

There will also be special content on Radio 5 live and the BBC Sport website.

The programming will include (all times BST):

BBC Breakfast (06:30-10:00, BBC One)
FA Cup Rewind: Classic Finals (08:30-09:30, BBC Two)
MOTD Kickabout (09:30-10:00, BBC Two)
Saturday Kitchen ( 10:00-11:30, BBC One)
FA Cup 50 Greatest Moments (10:00-12:00, BBC Two)
Fighting Talk (11:00-12:00, Radio 5 live)
Football Focus (12:10-13:00, BBC One)
Gary Lineker on the Road to FA Cup Glory (BBC One, 13:00-14:00)
FA Cup TOTP 2 (14:05-14:30, BBC One)
Pointless FA Cup Special (14:30-15:20, BBC One)
The Road to Wembley (15:25-15:55, BBC One)
MOTD LIVE: FA Cup Final Build Up (15:55-17:15, BBC One)
MOTD LIVE: Arsenal v Aston Villa (17:15-19:50, BBC One)
5 live Sport: FA Cup Final: Arsenal v Aston Villa (12:00-19:30, Radio 5 live)
MOTD: FA Cup Final highlights (22:50-23:25, BBC One)

Meanwhile, the BBC Sport website will have live text commentary from 09:00 BST until 22:00 BST with all the build-up, match action and reaction. BBC Sport social media users will be asked to perform their own #facuplift on social media, sharing their images and videos of them lifting their own trophy.

Danny Cohen, the BBC's director of television, said: "The BBC has delivered so much unique FA Cup programming to audiences since its return to BBC TV this season, it's only fitting to end the competition on such a high."

Â