PauloBarnesi

51 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Moyes is doing an excellent job there. Think they will be there or there abouts for top 4

No chance. Leicester, Manchester x 2, liverpool and Chelsea are the only teams who have a chance of top 4 imo. 

West ham will drop off as the season goes on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

No chance. Leicester, Manchester x 2, liverpool and Chelsea are the only teams who have a chance of top 4 imo. 

West ham will drop off as the season goes on. 

Moyes might have the audacity to ask for a new contract at which point Gold and Sullivan will sack him.

9 hours ago, Genie said:

Moyes might have the audacity to ask for a new contract at which point Gold and Sullivan will sack him.

I think they'll have to give him one and it's a good chance to do so with no fans complaining about the "west ham way". Not that there really are any proper fans in the free, atmosphere-less stadium they have, more tourists and passers by. As far as I remember Moyes is not on a long term deal. Gold and Sullivan are just using West Ham to make money, if moyes can get them 10th every year they'll keep him for as long as they can. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Shame David Moyes didnt have more self respect after they got rid of him the first time for Pellegrini.

To be perfectly honest though, the Europa League doesnt interest me in the slightest. The old format UEFA Cup? Sure, that was brilliant and Id love it if they reverted back to that but they wont. Group stages against wifi passwords is just too disruptive to league form, and would be detrimental to a club like ours league season. Sure its fun and exciting when you start getting towards the quarter finals, but id want top 4 or nothing at all.

• Like 1

On 17/09/2021 at 08:16, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Shame David Moyes didnt have more self respect after they got rid of him the first time for Pellegrini.

To be perfectly honest though, the Europa League doesnt interest me in the slightest. The old format UEFA Cup? Sure, that was brilliant and Id love it if they reverted back to that but they wont. Group stages against wifi passwords is just too disruptive to league form, and would be detrimental to a club like ours league season. Sure its fun and exciting when you start getting towards the quarter finals, but id want top 4 or nothing at all.

Strange . Do you go to Villa Park just wondering?

I'd love nothing more to play Beirut all stars under the floods after work.

I'm gutted when he won't get home ties in the 2nd round of the Carabao

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

On 17/09/2021 at 08:16, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Group stages against wifi passwords is just too disruptive to league form, and would be detrimental to a club like ours league season. Sure its fun and exciting when you start getting towards the quarter finals, but id want top 4 or nothing at all.

Strange attitude. I am sure everyone at the club would disagree with that.

You not gonna get from midtable straight into Champions League places. If you ever want to see us in CL, few seasons of Europa League are unavoidable and necessary.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Strange attitude. I am sure everyone at the club would disagree with that.

You not gonna get from midtable straight into Champions League places. If you ever want to see us in CL, few seasons of Europa League are unavoidable and necessary.

It's also a good way to build up your coefficient ranking. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

It's also a good way to build up your coefficient ranking. 

yep look at Milan, first time in Champions League in 8 seasons and were in the bottom pot because they did nothing in Europa League

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yep look at Milan, first time in Champions League in 8 seasons and were in the bottom pot because they did nothing in Europa League

Yes, seeding in groups is based on coefficient. But that's not all, coefficients are more evil than this. You get extra money for hight coefficient.

Let me give you example:

Aston Villa (zero coefficient) and Chelsea (one of the highest coefficients) qualify for champions league this season.

They both have exactly the same results, let's say 6 losses in group stage.

Prize money - Chelsea gets €30m more than Villa.

It sucks, but that's the way it is.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 18/09/2021 at 11:57, Czarnikjak said:

Yes, seeding in groups is based on coefficient. But that's not all, coefficients are more evil than this. You get extra money for hight coefficient.

Let me give you example:

Aston Villa (zero coefficient) and Chelsea (one of the highest coefficients) qualify for champions league this season.

They both have exactly the same results, let's say 6 losses in group stage.

Prize money - Chelsea gets €30m more than Villa.

It sucks, but that's the way it is.

It's worse than that. 

If Chelsea don't qualify for the CL, they will still earn through a 10 year coefficient share. The share pot amount is the same as the fixed rewards. 

In short, the chances are Chelsea would earn similar than West Ham, villa etc if they qualified (and went out in the group stage) and Chelsea didn't even qualify at all! 

Uefa pdf

Edited by pas5898
  • Thanks 1

On 15/02/2021 at 20:39, villa89 said:

I agree no chance of West Ham for the top 4, but I would also say that about Leicester. I think this year's top 4 is probably the easiest to predict: Chelsea, City, United and Liverpool. I also think that is the order they will finish in.

On 16/02/2021 at 10:16, villalad21 said:

They have a well balanced team 

They do with the first XI but they lack depth. A few key injuries and they would struggle to pick up the points they are currently picking up. I expect that next summer if they cash in on Rice too which will hurt 

Â