PauloBarnesi

Joe Cole on BT the other day summed it up perfectly. They buy players with no system or tactic in place. Except Noble and Rice you couldn't tell who will play. Felipe Anderson, Lanzini, Snoddy, Haller, Antonio is a pretty good attack but they either dont care or not structured well enough

5 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Wilshere out for season again after hernia operation 

18 appearances In nearly 2 seasons on 100k a week 

He's a good old British lad who smokes, & drinks.
You can get away with it in your late teen/early twenties but your recoveries with never be as full as players who take care of themselves - doesn't matter how talented you are. He's never had the career he should have because he just didn't look after himself. Then again he's a multimillionaire so what do I know. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Jack Wheelchair

• Like 1

The fact Mark Noble is still playing for them speaks volumes. Even at his absolute best and peak he was a middle of the road water carrier. A solid ticking over midfielder for a team who wants to finish 17th and occasionally higher if someone has a worldie of a season.

How in the Christ he is still there and still starting every game is beyond me.

On 02/02/2020 at 12:47, Jimzk5 said:

Was reading Gold and Sullivan only wanted to give him a 12 month deal which is very sensible as he misses more games than even Andy Carroll but player unsurprisingly and Pellegrini were insistant that he got a 3 year deal !

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The fact Mark Noble is still playing for them speaks volumes. Even at his absolute best and peak he was a middle of the road water carrier. A solid ticking over midfielder for a team who wants to finish 17th and occasionally higher if someone has a worldie of a season.

How in the Christ he is still there and still starting every game is beyond me.

He's only 32 by the way. It seems as if he's 36 or so. I thought he was at Whelan or Jedinak ages when I just checked.

Seen their next few fixtures?

Man City (A)
Liverpool (A)
Southanmpton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Wolves (H)
Spurs (A)
Chelsea (H)

Granted they have a relatively easy run in (New, Nor, Wat, Man Utd, VILLA). But they're in big trouble

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was reading Gold and Sullivan only wanted to give him a 12 month deal which is very sensible as he misses more games than even Andy Carroll but player unsurprisingly and Pellegrini were insistant that he got a 3 year deal !

The Redknapp special. Pello and Wilshere must share an agent.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Seen their next few fixtures?

Man City (A)
Liverpool (A)
Southanmpton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Wolves (H)
Spurs (A)
Chelsea (H)

Granted they have a relatively easy run in (New, Nor, Wat, Man Utd, VILLA). But they're in big trouble

Fingers crossed for 0 points from those 7 - also, they play Burnley at home between Newcastle and Norwich.  Very nice run-in for them.

(Ideally 0 points from those 13 :D)

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I wouldn't believe that as nothing happens at that club without their approval. It just sounds like Gold & Sullivan trying to blame someone else for a terrible signing that was probably their idea in the first place.

• Like 1

Â