PauloBarnesi

On 29/12/2019 at 12:51, Zatman said:

Moyes is such an ego and somehow he keeps getting these jobs. Hopefully he does what he did to Sunderland

"They are getting a very experienced Premier League manager," said Moyes.

"I think there's only two or three managers with a better Premier League win record. That's what I do, I win.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50950041

They might stay up, at the expense of pissing all their fans off who want new owners 

That's what I was trying to say in our next manager thread with thise wanting allardyce, not everyone just wants PL survival at all costs here's my £3,000 for the year serve me up some shit, they'll have a few walk away, it's uninspiring to say the least 

28 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

fair play to them, they can see which way they were going, they got the manager out & put a man in charge to make them solid & organised ,they will stay up now.

But abandoning the mythical West Ham way

It's actually incredible how bad their league places have been since early 80s.

Since finishing 3rd in 1985-6, they have only finished in the top 6 of the top division once since then, 5th in 98-99 under Redknapp. I thought they'd finished top 6 under Bilic when Dimitri Payet was in his pomp, they were 7th.

Seems us, Newcastle, Leeds and Everton all get stick from the media for not winning stuff and just making up the numbers in the top league but all these teams have finished in top 6 way more than West Ham.

We've finished 6th six times since that 98/99 season. Amazing what you can get away with if you're London based sometimes.

• Like 1

They printed the final table of the Moyes season at West Ham in the paper today. Assumed they were pushing up to 50 points given he had majority of the season but he only actually got to 42 points (they won on the last day v Everton otherwise they wouldn't have even got past 40 points).

That season Swansea in 18th went down on 33 points so this season is certainly going to be a higher total than normal but I too think West Ham will be in the mix until the end.

He also won 5 home games out of 14. Given how tough West Ham's away schedule is (arguably the toughest of anyone in the bottom eight) they won't stay up with a home win percentage below 40% imo.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Fan protests at the owners at todays game

Was hoping it was Newcastle who imploded in fan discontent leading to them taking a relegation place but I'll happily take West ham

It's a bit of a strange one for me. Whilst I think their owners are complete clearings in the woods, I don't think they've done too badly for West Ham. On paper,  bringing in Pellegrini and signing players like Haller was pretty decent business. I know it didn't work out, but... seems an odd thing to protest about. 

Hiring Moyes again was a strange choice but if he keeps them up then it's job done.

Edited by PieFacE

Â