PauloBarnesi

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's absolutely played them to be fair. 

Played them like a prize fiddle. So much for wanting a new challenge! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Arnautovic has managed to get a new contract despite being under contract until 2022 anyway. 

Just shows what a badly run club they are. They should have been delighted to get that much money for him. Now they are stuck paying him a fortune when he's about to hit 30.

well this must come as a surprise to absolutely no one :D 

Arnautovic situation created ‘bad atmosphere’ at West Ham, says Zabaleta

Pablo Zabaleta has admitted the protracted transfer saga surrounding Marko Arnautovic has had a destabilising effect on West Ham and has reminded the striker he must respect his teammates after his dramatic U-turn over a move to China. The West Ham full-back made it clear that Arnautovic’s two-game absence before returning in the 3-0 defeat by Wolves festered a “bad atmosphere” among the squad and that, in order for the club to evolve, Arnautovic needs to show he is a team player.

An insipid performance on Tuesday evening extended West Ham’s losing run to three matches, only three days after they crashed out of the FA Cup at League One’s bottom club, AFC Wimbledon. Asked what had gone wrong since securing seven wins in 10 matches, Zabaleta replied: “Honestly, I think so many situations off the field have been creating a little bit of a bad atmosphere. I’m not just saying that is the only thing – because we lost two games. But I remember in December, when we had a good run of games, it was like you could see West Ham playing as a team. Everyone working so hard for each other. But in January, it’s been tough on and off the field.”

Arnautovic, who has since signed a contract extension believed to be until 2023, will undergo a scan on Wednesday to determine the extent of the foot injury that meant he left Molineux on crutches wearing a protective boot, though the early signs are not encouraging, with Manuel Pellegrini admitting “it will not be an easy” problem for West Ham to solve.

Zabaleta added: “February is around the corner, I can’t wait for 1 February, and everyone is back on it again, we need commitment from everyone if we want to have a good season and make West Ham a better club and a better team. I understand January is a difficult month for clubs, because you can have big interest in your best players. But Arnie was out of the squad for two games, and he’s been the main player for us.

“If you want to have a good season, everyone needs to try and push the same way. As a team, when you see so much speculation around the team, players moving on, or some coming in, that can distract a little bit with the atmosphere in the dressing room. It’s hard for the manager as well, he also has to respect all the players.

“I’m not saying it’s all about Arnautovic, it’s not only his situation. There have been many players, names around the media. If we want to become the team we were in December, then we need to bring everyone together and stick together. And play hard for each other.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/30/marko-arnautovic-bad-atmosphere-west-ham-pablo-zabaleta

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Will be a good game with them in three weeks....Front 4 of Haller, Felipe Anderson, Lanzini and Fornals will be pretty tasty as the season goes on.

Think the best decision they made was dropping Wilshere, he moves the ball really slowly nowadays.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Forget the West Ham way, apparently Haller is not a classic West Ham type striker

Garth Crooks is some guy for bullshit

In Crooks' team of the week he's put Salah in midfield because he had too many strikers already. 

What an absolute melt. His 'team of the week' would get spanked in a real game as he picks about 7 attackers 

Should rename it - "These are the players who I heard played well this week"

Â