PauloBarnesi

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Think they will be saved by Huddersfield going down. They have got Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal last 3 games of the season. 

Serves them right if they do, after lubing up for small heath last season.

• Like 2

Their last 3 matches are also pretty tough. United, Leicester, and Everton. Only saving grace for West Ham though is those clubs have nothing to play for anymore. 

United are basically guaranteed 2nd, Leicester probably can't do better than 9th, and Everton likely won't finish 7th. 

Would love them to go down but can't see it although it would be even better if allardyce sends them down on the final day.

Their saving grace is probably going to be Southampton and Swansea still have to play each other (as do swansea & stoke) so there is no way for them both to get 9 points and southampton play city on the final day anyway.

It would be an unexpected treat if they go down. I expect their fans (best in the country) would tear the stadium to bits. Proper full on riot (which the tax payer will pay to police).

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wonder if they’d take top half football under Sam again? 

Most teams would take top half football under Big Sam to be fair...that is until the honeymoon period is over, and the realisation starts to sink in that you are watching Big Sam football every week. The clouds get a bit greyer, the travel to the match gets a bit slower, the traffic more tedious and frustrating. The excitement in your heart as you reach the stadium gets a bit duller, the burgers no longer taste as good, the beer a little flatter and warmer. The atmosphere diluted, the hope faded. You are safe, the club is on solid ground, but at what cost...what cost?!

"I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, than to stay here and die on this shithole island spending the rest of my life talking to a goddamn volleyball."

Too true. I would rather take a chance on Remi Garde again than watch that **** shite every week.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I expect their fans (best in the country) would tear the stadium to bits. Proper full on riot

Yes please

• Like 1

Big bust up between Moyes and Carroll apparently.

Can see why Carroll might be pissed off - hasn't started a game since January, when he scored both goals in a 2-1 win!

11 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Big bust up between Moyes and Carroll apparently.

Can see why Carroll might be pissed off - hasn't started a game since January, when he scored both goals in a 2-1 win!

Maybe so - but you've still got to respect the managers' decision, even if you don't agree with them.  e.g:  Olivier Giroud, who is seemingly just a super sub these days - his goals/minute ratio must be immense.

Carroll didn't come on against Man City and, instead of sitting on the bench like a normal footballer, went off to sulk in the dressing room instead.  I mean, for **** sake.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nearly £450,000 of taxpayers' money has been spent trying to find a sponsor for West Ham's London Stadium home but a backer is still being sought.

Nearly £450,000 of taxpayers' money has been spent trying to find a sponsor for West Ham's London Stadium home but a backer is still being sought.

The stadium's owner, the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC), has been accused of wasting cash in its search for a naming rights partner.

A sponsorship expert says it could take years to secure a deal.

Two companies have been paid a total of £447,000 to try to find a naming rights partner, the BBC has learned.

But after two potential deals collapsed, no discussions are currently taking place.

The stadium, built for the London Olympics in 2012, has been dogged by controversy over its finances. Converting it into a football ground cost £323m when the original estimate was £190m.

More on link

Â