PauloBarnesi

Payet was being touted around the £50m mark after the euros so they've lost £25m on him.  The jersey recall will cost them, albeit relative buttons.  They've been unsettled by his behaviour, affecting their results since he decided to go all modern footballer on them.

So all in all it's been pretty good for everyone who wants them to rot.  I do think they've done the right thing in getting rid of him, but I'm glad it has at least been done in an untimely and hilariously expensive way :thumb:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

The jersey recall will cost them, albeit relative buttons. 

I think you misread it, they are essentially charging people who bought this season's jersey with PAYET written on it £25 to have it removed. The actual material cost of the new fabric is far less than £25.

57 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think you misread it, they are essentially charging people who bought this season's jersey with PAYET written on it £25 to have it removed. The actual material cost of the new fabric is far less than £25.

Ah I think I did misread it.  Cheeky bint.  It's not even really half price given that they're half way through the season too.  You'd have to be mathematically challenged to go for that deal.

13 hours ago, BOF said:

The jersey recall will cost them, albeit relative buttons.  

Will it? They will have excess stock of a kit with a shelf life of 5 months they'll be knocking out for £10 in the summer to get rid of it.

Besides at £25 they will still be making a profit on those shirts but lets face it how many fans are going to have a Payet shirt and take them up on it? Not many I'd guess.

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Will it? They will have excess stock of a kit with a shelf life of 5 months they'll be knocking out for £10 in the summer to get rid of it.

Besides at £25 they will still be making a profit on those shirts but lets face it how many fans are going to have a Payet shirt and take them up on it? Not many I'd guess.

I acknowledged it 3 posts up. Tough crowd here :P

To be fair, it's not like he left in the summer; fans have got months out of those shirts, and the club didn't want to sell him anyway.

£25 might not be an earth-shattering discount, but how much are our shrits being flogged for in the official store again? They didn't have to offer fans with those shirts a damn thing, it's a decent enough gesture IMO, even if it comes from the entity known as gollivan.

Edited by Davkaus

the part I find shocking with the media is that West Ham are playing the sympathy card over Payet but at the same time they tapped up Hogan and got in his head and he hasnt played the last 4 games or so for Brentford because of this

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Everton's Romelu Lukaku twice turned down West Ham, says Karren Brady

By Andy Charles

West Ham have twice been thwarted in their efforts to sign Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, vice-chairwoman Karren Brady has revealed.

Lukaku could leave Goodison Park this summer, possibly after he completes a Golden Boot-winning season, but Brady says he only wants to join a team that can guarantee Champions League football.

The Belgium international has continued his prolific goal-scoring form from 2015-16 this season, and his 23 goals are four better than closest challenger for top scorer honours, Tottenham's Harry Kane.

That has led to regular media speculation about his future at Everton, with Chelsea and Manchester United among clubs rumoured to be preparing summer offers for him.

West Ham have struggled for goals this season - Michail Antonio is the club's top scorer with nine goals - and Brady said in her column for The Sunthat Lukaku was among the players they had made a move for.

She wrote: "Romelu Lukaku is a classic shape for a centre-forward - big, broad and decisive.

"Not all strikers are built like Everton's star - take Jamie Vardy, Harry Kane and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. None are as important as Lukaku to Everton

"We have twice tried to buy him but he wants a club playing Champions League football - and quickly.

"You can't dismiss his ambition but it's a shame he regards such an admirable club as little more than a stop-over."

ttp://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/10838044/evertons-romelu-lukaku-twice-turned-down-west-ham-says-karren-brady

:crylaugh::crylaugh:

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

A Doug Ellis tactic is there ever were one, just like when we nearly 'signed' Juninho and Roberto Carlos.

I thought we were very close to Juninho? 

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

A Doug Ellis tactic if there ever were one, just like when we nearly 'signed' Juninho and Roberto Carlos.

what do you mean. we could have had Craig Bellamy but got Aaron Hughes instead :P

• 2 weeks later...
Â