PauloBarnesi

Whats stopping him saying....i want to leave because things haven't worked out as i expected....but in the mean time i will continue to give my all for the club???

Typical modern day, i want it, and i want it now, attitude.

Stinks to high heaven

33 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Whats stopping him saying "I want to leave because things haven't worked out as i expected....but in the mean time i will continue to give my all for the club" ?

The fact he's a word removed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is he really that good?

No he's not. He's proved throughout his career he blows hot and cold. If you sign him he'll play well for you for 6 months and then probably have another hissy fit and be a cancer.

Delighted he's screwed over West Ham though, they fully deserve it.

• Like 1

I don't know if its down to reading about GT and that era when football wasn't full of mercenaries, but now thinking about Payet makes me angry! What an absolute scumbag. Happy to sign a massive contract but now apparently refuses to train or play. What a cancerous individual. I don't like West Ham but I hope they just refuse to sell him and freeze him out for the remainder of his contract

• Like 4

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 16:19, VillaChris said:

Yeah PSG is a bit stocked but they could maybe play him a bit more centrally.

When I think of the great playmakers in this league though I think of Coutinho, Hazard, Ozil, Alexis, KDB etc. Payet is more your luxury player who can get you a goal out of nothing but won't dominate games like the others can.

The greats do it year after year not just the occasional good season like Payet.

Dimitri Payet was paid a £1 million ‘loyalty’ bonus only last September, Telegraph Sport can reveal, as his agent prepares to meet club chairman David Sullivan today to try and force a move back to Marseille.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/13/dimitri-payet-received-1-million-west-ham-loyalty-bonus-strike/

He had no intention of staying past the window IMO. You sign that contract for £125k a week, it increases your leverage with another club to get them to match it, or you can just go on strike and force the move with West Ham making a healthy contribution to your salary.

What an absolute scumbag.

10 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Isn't it something stupid like just two weeks wages? I'm sure there was a bunch of rules that people were talking about when it happened with Tevez at City.

Yeah I'm sure if it's more than that it gets really messy with the PFA.

Maybe they can pin something else on him in 2 weeks time?

This looks like your classic case of Agent has lined up a more lucrative deal but West Ham don't want to let him go (for the fee on the table) After discussions have stalled agent adivses player to down tools to force the move.

If the transfer fee is the reported £19.1m then I'm with WHU on this, with the current market they shouldn't be letting him leave for less than £30m.

His new club could pay out his current contract, sign on fee, plus his wages, plus what West Ham want for him.

For a 29 (nearly 30 year old).

There's no value for clubs apart from a few like PSG et al  who don't need him.

Maybe he could buy his own contract out and become a free agent?

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Maybe he could buy his own contract out and become a free agent?

He just signed a 5 year massive deal didn't he? I can't see him buying it out (has anyone ever actually done that?). 

Andy Carroll with another terrific goal today...I've always rated him as an excellent striker but injuries, ridiculous price tags and a dodgy attitude to his trade have hindered him at various points.

Keep him fit though and he scores goals, as simple as that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Andy Carroll with another terrific goal today...I've always rated him as an excellent striker but injuries, ridiculous price tags and a dodgy attitude to his trade have hindered him at various points.

Keep him fit though and he scores goals, as simple as that.

Always liked him, people are always first to mention his aerial threat but he is an excellent footballer. Great touch, good range of passing, intelligent and always a danger around the box.

• Like 3

He has had terrible luck with injuries, didn't realise it was quite this bad. Number of league starts by season, since joining West Ham:

16/17 - 6
15/16 - 13
14/15 - 12
13/14 - 12
12/13 - 22

That's 65 starts out of 173 possible starts.

Â