PauloBarnesi

On 17/09/2021 at 08:16, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Shame David Moyes didnt have more self respect after they got rid of him the first time for Pellegrini.

Apparently he is being paid 3m a year to sacrifice his self respect. I think I could manage that too 😀

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

They do with the first XI but they lack depth. A few key injuries and they would struggle to pick up the points they are currently picking up. I expect that next summer if they cash in on Rice too which will hurt 

They do lack depth.

Particularly weak when Antonio is out.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

It's worse than that. 

If Chelsea don't qualify for the CL, they will still earn through a 10 year coefficient share. The share pot amount is the same as the fixed rewards. 

In short, the chances are Chelsea would earn similar than West Ham, villa etc if they qualified (and went out in the group stage) and Chelsea didn't even qualify at all! 

Uefa pdf

I don't think they would get that much for not qualifying. Reading the document you linked here it's only €140m to be divided between all non participating clubs.( Coefficient money distribution is still a sham mind you. It's a Super League in all but name)

3. Solidarity payments to clubs not participating in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League or UEFA Europa Conference League
The payments to non-participating clubs through their national associations amount to 4% of the overall gross revenues of the three competitions.
Before taking into account the COVID-19 impact deduction, a forecasted total of €140m was expected to be distributed to national associations for their clubs

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I don't think they would get that much for not qualifying. Reading the document you linked here it's only €140m to be divided between all non participating clubs.( Coefficient money distribution is still a sham mind you. It's a Super League in all but name)

3. Solidarity payments to clubs not participating in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League or UEFA Europa Conference League
The payments to non-participating clubs through their national associations amount to 4% of the overall gross revenues of the three competitions.
Before taking into account the COVID-19 impact deduction, a forecasted total of €140m was expected to be distributed to national associations for their clubs

Bloody hell, 140m is only 4%. A lot of £££ in the European competitions

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

It's worse than that. 

If Chelsea don't qualify for the CL, they will still earn through a 10 year coefficient share. The share pot amount is the same as the fixed rewards. 

In short, the chances are Chelsea would earn similar than West Ham, villa etc if they qualified (and went out in the group stage) and Chelsea didn't even qualify at all! 

Uefa pdf

Hey it’s almost like they want those clubs that everyone decided were the big ones at some arbitrary point in football history to maintain that standing forever.

Financial Fiddle Pricks.

• Like 3

On 20/09/2021 at 10:45, pas5898 said:

It's worse than that. 

Uefa pdf

What?

Am I reading you right?

There are essentially 10 years of Champions League parachute payments made to clubs who have crippled themselves financially and need to stay in it to keep themselves financially sound until they can buy themselves back in again?

or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

On 20/09/2021 at 11:32, fightoffyour said:

Hey it’s almost like they want those clubs that everyone decided were the big ones at some arbitrary point in football history to maintain that standing forever.

Financial Fiddle Pricks.

4 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

What?

Am I reading you right?

There are essentially 10 years of Champions League parachute payments made to clubs who have crippled themselves financially and need to stay in it to keep themselves financially sound until they can buy themselves back in again?

or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

The super league has existed for a while I guess and that whole super league scum12 saga was just greedy ******** just being greedier.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 2

On 22/09/2021 at 00:52, DJ_Villain said:

Yep correct. 😖

• 5 weeks later...
On 25/09/2021 at 08:24, Rds1983 said:

I still kinda wish we'd bought him and Benrahma. 

Same. I'd much rather have benrama than buendia. 

Athough I still look at West ham and are kind of baffled how they're doing so well. Like feels like they are just on an insane hot streak 

19 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Same. I'd much rather have benrama than buendia. 

Athough I still look at West ham and are kind of baffled how they're doing so well. Like feels like they are just on an insane hot streak 

They are where we should be at this stage, I think a solid midfield of Soucek and Rice helps. Antonio is always dangerous, and Fabiański is a safe pair of hands. 

They just don't seem to have any "flaky" players, and it feels like Mings, Watkins, Buendia, Targett have had plenty of flaky performances so far.

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

They are where we should be at this stage, I think a solid midfield of Soucek and Rice helps. Antonio is always dangerous, and Fabiański is a safe pair of hands. 

They just don't seem to have any "flaky" players, and it feels like Mings, Watkins, Buendia, Targett have had plenty of flaky performances so far.

Yeah soucek is a beast. Rice is decent albeit overrated I think. That back pair of ogbonna and zouma should be killed by pace though, zouma never been fast and ogbonna about 40 aint he? 

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Disagree

They're a few years ahead of us 

The reality of us finishing 17th and them 16th or whatever it was is that West Ham should have been absolutely nowhere near 16th but 17th for us was about right 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

They've been a fairly solid PL team for 10 years. They've assembled a really good pool of players in that time

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Disagree

They're a few years ahead of us 

The reality of us finishing 17th and them 16th or whatever it was is that West Ham should have been absolutely nowhere near 16th but 17th for us was about right 

You might be right, but I would expect West Ham level of performances from Villa at this point. That competitive, top 8 level that west ham show. Last year we were able to do it, this year we lost some ground on them.

Soon enough they will drop back to being a midtable side probably more likely to get relegated than challenge at the top of the table, then it will be another sides turn to have a season or two as being the team that finishes around sixth or seventh and they too instead of establishing themselve as top six team will eventually fall back to being a midtable side. See Wolves, Burnley, Southampton,Swansea to see that it's happened many times before.

• Like 1

Â