AVR#117 Aston Villa review episode 117. Something about the FA cup

The_Rev

APRIL 21, 2015

Aston Villa Review: Episode 117 - Villa beat Liverpool to reach the FA Cup Final
Wow. What an incredible weekend to be an Aston Villa supporter. Let nobody tell you the FA Cup is dead because it clearly means plenty to the supporters, players and manager of this football club. We don't need Budweiser to sell it to us, or a matchday announcer to rev us up; we felt it at Wembley and getting to the final is an achievement none of us should underestimate.

In this week's show Chris and Steve attempt to digest Villa's victory over Liverpool on Sunday. If the players felt anything like the sense of occasion that took hold in the stands, they showed none of it. A swaggering, professional and exciting performance guided them to a thoroughly deserved win and the chance, incredibly, to bring home a major trophy at the end of this awful season.

Ur5VotS.jpg

show page

mp3 file (left click to stream, right click to save)

• Like 1

A point touched upon but not explored in the show, but Joe Cole at the club can only be good for Jack Grealish right? They are cut from the same cloth and Joe Cole was such a good player during his West Ham (first spell) and Chelsea days, the things he could pass on to Grealish could be invaluable.

Haha so strange listening to such a positive one. Haven't been many of them and for good reason. Agreed with lots and so right about the emotions when the players were celebrating on the pitch.

The one thing I disagreed on was the decision to drop Guzan in the last final described as 'a dick' move. Guzan was bloody awful in the semi final against Blackburn, especially the first leg where he looked terrified at every cross in the box.

Yeah I remember being please d when Friedel was confirmed as playing in the final. 

Not desperate for Given to be dropped this time.

Edited by ED

"I don't ever want to be such a big club that we don't feel getting to an FA Cup final".

I fully agree.

That quote stuck with me too.

I've said before in other threads that I think if Villa "did a Man City" then football would lose something for me.

Yeah it would be great to win stuff, but it wouldn't be as special.

I completely agree with Chris. Sunday felt amazing and I don't ever want it to not feel like that.

I'd love Villa to win more stuff. But I'm actually ok with it just being occasionally, and not every year!

• Like 3

"I don't ever want to be such a big club that we don't feel getting to an FA Cup final".

I fully agree.

That quote stuck with me too.

I've said before in other threads that I think if Villa "did a Man City" then football would lose something for me.

Yeah it would be great to win stuff, but it wouldn't be as special.

I completely agree with Chris. Sunday felt amazing and I don't ever want it to not feel like that.

I'd love Villa to win more stuff. But I'm actually ok with it just being occasionally, and not every year!

Are you crazy? Who wouldn't want to sign Messi and Ronaldo and buy the Champions League.  :P

On a serious note, I completely agree. I get more pride from seeing Villa step out onto the pitch than any plastic fan will get from celebrating countless bought trophy wins. Sunday bought all the emotions of football flooding back and I said in the match thread that it reminded me of the time when I was a kid where I would sit and watch the Villa vs Tranmere penalty shootout until the the tape actually stopped working.

I hope that feeling never leaves!

I think Atletico Madrid is about the perfect level of team that I'd want to support.

I'd love Villa to be like that. Good enough to win the league on occasion and get a taste of the big time, but not big enough for it to become routine.

Â