Bakary Sako

Isa

I have heard Wolves fans say that he might do well as an impact player say coming off the bench for us and that he may thrive on not getting the sort of challenges he currently attracts from lower league defenders as well as by possibly getting a little more space than he is now allowed.

On a free he may well be worth a look if his wage demands are reasonable.   

Edited by John

IMO he certainly isnt good premership quality.  I guess on a free he isnt going to be a big gamble.  If we want to push on he isnt what we are looking for but bulk the squad out a bit if we do make it to the europa league.

If this ends up happening and we manage to keep Delph I cannot wait to see how he performs with the likes of Delph, N-Zogbia and Grealish providing him with chances. He may be scoring goals in a lesser league, but not really knowing Wolves these days he could be doing that with pretty average support. These days Villa have two of the best creative midfielders in the league, this guy could be knocking them in for fun.

Who are these creative midfielders you speak of?

If this ends up happening and we manage to keep Delph I cannot wait to see how he performs with the likes of Delph, N-Zogbia and Grealish providing him with chances. He may be scoring goals in a lesser league, but not really knowing Wolves these days he could be doing that with pretty average support. These days Villa have two of the best creative midfielders in the league, this guy could be knocking them in for fun.

Who are these creative midfielders you speak of?

Chris Herd and Joe Cole

One thing we should also be aware of is that he turns 27 in a few days time. This guy isn't a kid or a young lad (in footballing terms), he's at his peak right now. Be interesting to see if he can do the business in the Premier League.

Yes and thats why I wish we were signing Dicko who is only 22 and has extreme pace and just looks a better player. 

Is he an out and out striker?

I imagine he's a better option to have than weimman.

Always played on the left whenever I've watched him but he does seem like one of those that can play the pacy, powerful centre-forward as Gabby has been recently too. The sort of player suited to Sherwood's football. Should be a decent squad option to have around, especially on a free.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

I spoke to Wolves fans yesterday, apparently he does things for about 10 mins per game but goes AWOL

Yes my Wolves mate says the same, says he can be amazing for a short period of time and then completely disappear for periods, one of the most frustrating players he's seen down there.

Very much an N'zogbia replacement by the looks of it.

One thing we should also be aware of is that he turns 27 in a few days time. This guy isn't a kid or a young lad (in footballing terms), he's at his peak right now. Be interesting to see if he can do the business in the Premier League.

Yes and thats why I wish we were signing Dicko who is only 22 and has extreme pace and just looks a better player. 

Afobe is better than Dicko though....