Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Looks like Benteke up top on his own with Grealish playing off him.  Delph and Cleverley on the wings with Westwood and Sanchez in the middle?

I'd say more like a 4-1-3-1-1 whatever the hell that is. Grealish roaming behind Benteke, everybody else in a tight midfield - try win the midfield battle and pinch a goal before sending on some defensive subs to see the game out.

We'll lose 4-0 though.

That's a shit team selection. If Lambert picked.that he'd get crucified. Two attackers? 4 defensive midfielders? Three defenders on the bench and no Gil? If we get anything from this ill be surprised. Hope I'm very wrong

That's a shit team selection. If Lambert picked.that he'd get crucified. Two attackers? 4 defensive midfielders? Three defenders on the bench and no Gil? If we get anything from this ill be surprised. Hope I'm very wrong

True, but Sherwood has shown attacking intent since he has been here. Might be the prudent decision considering who we are playing and are without Gabby and Sinclair.

I think the last two team selections should shut up the "Sherwood only plays old fashioned 442" brigade - seems like he picks a team to suit the game.

Potentially a good team selection, Sanchez and Westwood holding in midfield should free up the fullbacks to provide the width (as previously), and also allow Delph and Cleverly to get forward past Benteke. We don't seem to have goals in the team other than Benteke though.

Very nervous about this game. We actually need to win. I'm sure the players will be seeing the scores/results elsewhere and that will be piling on the pressure.

• Like 1

He's making sure we don't get spanked 5-0. Keeping confidence is key, our midfield can get forward and the full backs will attack.

It's a good line up if we keep it 0-0 for as long as possible. We can easily change to our usual formation if we go 1-0 down.

• Like 1

I don't think you can call Delph and Cleverly defensive midfielders under Sherwood. I think both, especially Delph will play quite far forward today.

We've just beat spurs and Liverpool and you're going to moan? And mainly because your favourite player isn't picked. Jesus.

• Like 3

We've just beat spurs and Liverpool and you're going to moan? And mainly because your favourite player isn't picked. Jesus.

I'm not moaning just commenting. I don't like his team selection. You really have an issue with any criticism at all. Let's all just agree and lick each others arseholes.

• Like 1