Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I would be disappointed if it's the usual 4-0 up here.

Hopefully Kompany and Silva are still out for this but Man. City aren't playing well anyway so I'd like to think we'll give them a good game even in defeat.

Think it might be one of those games we take the lead early but Man. City come back and nick late on, maybe 2-1. Won't hurt our GD much at least.

Our prem record since they moved grounds.....

03/04- 4-1 loss

04/05- 2-0 loss

05/06- 3-1 loss

06/07- 0-2 WIN

07/08- 1-0 loss

08/09- 2-0 loss

09/10- 3-1 loss

10/11- 4-0 loss

11/12- 4-1 loss

12/13- 5-0 loss

13/14- 4-0 loss

:o

Ha I went to that 06/07 game in the City end. A non football fan mate wanted to go for the experience and we got cheap student tickets. It was great, the 2nd was a free kick, Maloney maybe. Edited by fightoffyour

12/1 on offer if you fancy a punt! 

• Manchester City have won more Barclays Premier League games (20) and scored more goals (65) v Aston Villa than against any other team
  • Aston Villa have scored just six second-half goals all term; the Premier League record-low for a season is 11, last set by Derby in 2007/08.
  • Indeed had only second-halves counted, the Villans would be bottom of the table on just 20 points, eight points behind 19th place QPR.
  • Yaya Toure has scored in his last three Premier League appearances against Aston Villa.
  • Aston Villa have scored the same number of league goals under Tim Sherwood this season (12 in eight games) as they managed under Paul Lambert (12 in 25 games).
  • Sergio Aguero has now reached 20 goals in two different Premier League seasons; only four players have done it more often in the competition's history (Shearer 7, Henry 5, Van Nistelrooy 4, L.Ferdinand 3).
  • Christian Benteke has scored nine goals in nine competitive games under Tim Sherwood.
  • Aston Villa have picked up more red cards than any other team in the Premier League this season (7).
  • The average age of Manchester City's starting line-up this season has been 28y 331d old; the oldest in the Premier League.
  • The two players to have attempted the most shots (excl. blocked) without scoring in the PL this season could play in this game – Jesus Navas and Fabian Delph (30 shots each).  

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/man-city-v-aston-villa/winner

I would be disappointed if it's the usual 4-0 up here.

Hopefully Kompany and Silva are still out for this but Man. City aren't playing well anyway so I'd like to think we'll give them a good game even in defeat.

Think it might be one of those games we take the lead early but Man. City come back and nick late on, maybe 2-1. Won't hurt our GD much at least.

Our prem record since they moved grounds.....

03/04- 4-1 loss

04/05- 2-0 loss

05/06- 3-1 loss

06/07- 0-2 WIN

07/08- 1-0 loss

08/09- 2-0 loss

09/10- 3-1 loss

10/11- 4-0 loss

11/12- 4-1 loss

12/13- 5-0 loss

13/14- 4-0 loss

:o

Ha I went to that 06/07 game in the City end. A non football fan mate wanted to go for the experience and we got cheap student tickets. It was great, the 2nd was a free kick, Maloney maybe.

Yes it was Maloney. Joey Barton missed a penalty before half time aswell.

Why do I have a feeling he will start wiemann? With gabby and Sinclair out I feel he may want a runner to press and chase down Bentekes flicks. I would stick with the same sideshow beat liverpool

Playing with confidence and causing teams problems, honestly think we can win it but would be very happy with a draw too obviously.

Assuming Gabby is back would go 4-3-3, bags of energy in the middle and threats going forward...I'm not quite sure what this weird feeling is, not felt it for years, maybe 'optimism' and 'belief'!?

Guzan

Bacuna Okore Vlaar Cissokho

Cleverly Westwood Delph

Gabby Benteke Grealish

Feeling good I still think we are going to win today. I know in recent time our record been bad against them but our confident is very high and could use this to nick a win. So I am going for 1 nil win for us with grealish firing in winner happy days