Tickets

limpid

Full marks to the system that meant tickets were sold block by block, which meant I was allocated two tickets not sat together.  Wouldn't have been such a major problem but my +1 is my 7 year old, not sure he'd be keen on sitting on his own.  Fortunately our very helpful ticket office have reallocated and I can relax.  There must be a better way to sell the tickets other than block by block though?

I went to the 1971 League Cup Final with my dad and uncle. My uncle was guaranteed a ticket as he was a shareholder from the 1968 issue. Me & my dad got tickets via the programme voucher scheme. Our tickets were standing, my uncles was a seat. They planned to stick me in the seat (I was 11) but I didn't want to sit on my own.

Ironically, I have a 1957 cup final ticket that my uncle used. He marked a x on the back where he was sitting that day. I was going to give it to a friend recently who collects tickets but decided not to part with it. I will be taking it with me on Saturday to show a few friends. I'm quite proud that my uncle was such a big supporter.

• Like 2

Full marks to the system that meant tickets were sold block by block, which meant I was allocated two tickets not sat together. Wouldn't have been such a major problem but my +1 is my 7 year old, not sure he'd be keen on sitting on his own. Fortunately our very helpful ticket office have reallocated and I can relax. There must be a better way to sell the tickets other than block by block though?

That sounds like a mistake rather than because it was block by block? You would think if it was down to single seats only, the next block would be opened up.

The best solution for selling Wembley tickets is if somehow clubs can use wembley's ticket booking system. It's pretty easy to book England tickets where you want. Not sure how feasible it is though regarding eligibility stipulations for each club though.

If Villa catch you then the ticket get cancelled. A few people have already seen their ticket cancelled because they were stupid enough to post pictures of the full ticket. It's not because of the high prices either, you're not allowed to resell the ticket full stop.

If Villa catch you then the ticket get cancelled. A few people have already seen their ticket cancelled because they were stupid enough to post pictures of the full ticket. It's not because of the high prices either, you're not allowed to resell the ticket full stop.

Is there an email i can contact villa with, i have pics of the guys ticket.

My Mate: "What are the plans for Sat"

Me: "Yeah find somewhere to watch the game and start nice and early, then out afterwards"

My Mate:  "How do you fancy changing them....!"

Me: "Erm....Possibly, possibly!"

My Mate: "Two free tickets if you want one!?"

Corporate tickets FTW!

You owe him all of the sex.

My Mate: "What are the plans for Sat"

Me: "Yeah find somewhere to watch the game and start nice and early, then out afterwards"

My Mate:  "How do you fancy changing them....!"

Me: "Erm....Possibly, possibly!"

My Mate: "Two free tickets if you want one!?"

Corporate tickets FTW!

You owe him all of the sex.

Ive offered all of the beers instead, hoping that's enough! :cheers:

I just got a phone call.

See you at Wembley boys!

:cheers::hooray::wave::hooray::cheers::hooray::wave::flag:

That's cutting it fine mate!

Haha I'd resigned myself to missing it.

But my legend of a mate came through.

Champagne bar here I come B)

• Like 1

Proper d#$@ move to make if you grass someone up like that seriously.

Why on earth would you grass someone up just because they choose to sell their ticket at an inflated price?

Sure touts especially the websites selling tickets do take the pi**. However there are genuine fans who maybe a little or very skint and need the money or maybe unable to make the final for whatever reason. Fans who may have travelled all season home and away watching drivel and spent a small fortune. Why should they give up the opportunity to earn a few quid? My issue isn't with season ticket holders selling their tickets, as I believe they have every right to sell for whatever the purchaser values the ticket at, the issue for me are the websites ripping people off with tickets the FA have given away to their corporate buddies.

I paid £400 for 2 tickets a couple of weeks ago so my children could witness the big day. I already had mine through a friend but would've given the ticket to my son to go instead as I've been lucky enough seeing us live twice in finals in the 90's. It turned out that neither of my children are able to go due to work commitments, so after all that I sold the tickets for what I paid to a friend and got my money back.

The bottom line is though I would've paid more for the tickets than I originally did not because I'm loaded but because it's an important day in the history of the club and I wanted my kids to experience the occasion at least once. And I paid over the face value as I haven't had a season ticket the last 2 years and wouldn't of had a chance to get 1 let alone 3. If I couldn't have made it financially or otherwise I would be gutted as many are but still never begrudge someone else either, A) making a few quid or b ) Giving another fan the chance to go if they are willing to meet the owners asking price. After all nobody is forced to buy it's a choice.

It made me laugh when I read a page or two back where the owner of the Manor Tavern was selling his ticket to the highest bidder and a few posters started slagging him until someone the mentioned the money was going to charity. Even then people still want proof??!! I mean come on... get a life!

IMO if you want to screw, screw at the FA over their allocation or private ticket agencies who earn millions through exploiting fans for all events. Not the fans who might earn a couple of hundred quid every 15 years we make a final and have probably over the years spent thousands like myself on the Villa.

Firstly, it is contravening the terms and conditions of sale.

Secondly, the type of person so desperate to pay inflated prices for a ticket is obviously a genuine Villa fan. What kind of a low life scum bag would exploit their fellow Villa fans?

Thirdly, there is uproar about how many tickets go to the FA's so called "football family" and about how many of these tickets find their way onto the black market. How can we possibly complain about our poor allocation when some of this allocation is blatantly being re-sold for profit.

I've heard numerous stories about greed this past week or so that have sickened me. if you cannot see what is morally wrong with profiteering out of other peoples love for the club then there is something wrong with you. To me, it stinks of the new type of football fan that exists today.

Why on earth would you grass someone up just because they choose to sell their ticket at an inflated price?

Sure touts especially the websites selling tickets do take the pi**. However there are genuine fans who maybe a little or very skint and need the money or maybe unable to make the final for whatever reason. Fans who may have travelled all season home and away watching drivel and spent a small fortune. Why should they give up the opportunity to earn a few quid? My issue isn't with season ticket holders selling their tickets, as I believe they have every right to sell for whatever the purchaser values the ticket at, the issue for me are the websites ripping people off with tickets the FA have given away to their corporate buddies.

I paid £400 for 2 tickets a couple of weeks ago so my children could witness the big day. I already had mine through a friend but would've given the ticket to my son to go instead as I've been lucky enough seeing us live twice in finals in the 90's. It turned out that neither of my children are able to go due to work commitments, so after all that I sold the tickets for what I paid to a friend and got my money back.

The bottom line is though I would've paid more for the tickets than I originally did not because I'm loaded but because it's an important day in the history of the club and I wanted my kids to experience the occasion at least once. And I paid over the face value as I haven't had a season ticket the last 2 years and wouldn't of had a chance to get 1 let alone 3. If I couldn't have made it financially or otherwise I would be gutted as many are but still never begrudge someone else either, A) making a few quid or b ) Giving another fan the chance to go if they are willing to meet the owners asking price. After all nobody is forced to buy it's a choice.

It made me laugh when I read a page or two back where the owner of the Manor Tavern was selling his ticket to the highest bidder and a few posters started slagging him until someone the mentioned the money was going to charity. Even then people still want proof??!! I mean come on... get a life!

IMO if you want to screw, screw at the FA over their allocation or private ticket agencies who earn millions through exploiting fans for all events. Not the fans who might earn a couple of hundred quid every 15 years we make a final and have probably over the years spent thousands like myself on the Villa.

Firstly, it is contravening the terms and conditions of sale.

Secondly, the type of person so desperate to pay inflated prices for a ticket is obviously a genuine Villa fan. What kind of a low life scum bag would exploit their fellow Villa fans?

Thirdly, there is uproar about how many tickets go to the FA's so called "football family" and about how many of these tickets find their way onto the black market. How can we possibly complain about our poor allocation when some of this allocation is blatantly being re-sold for profit.

I've heard numerous stories about greed this past week or so that have sickened me. if you cannot see what is morally wrong with profiteering out of other peoples love for the club then there is something wrong with you. To me, it stinks of the new type of football fan that exists today.

I think your missing the point I was trying to make. Of course tickets shouldn't be resold but they are. It's life, most of what you buy in life will have been sold for a profit and in some cases a large profit. As citizens of this planet we get exploited and ripped of daily-fact! Forget the black market look at the legit ticket outlets online selling tickets for outrageous prices all around the stadium that's where the problems is. TicketMaster, Ticketbiz etc.

As I mentioned I initially paid through the nose for tickets as many have but I had a choice as everyone else whether to buy or not. Some fans may have genuine reasons to sell their 1 or 2 tickets for a profit and who is anyone to judge without knowing the circumstances behind that?! I certainly wouldn't be calling them scumbags without knowing why they are selling or try to get their tickets cancelled through bitterness and jealousy. If for example if I was skint and had a choice between paying my bills, putting food on the table for my kids or doing without, exploitation will become my middle name as I am sure for most of us it would. Plus can you really be exploited if you have a choice?

There is nothing wrong with my morals and most of the time there's nothing wrong with me either I just don't see the point in picking on someone that may be in the brown stuff financially and need the help that selling a ticket may provide. Those that regularly rip people off I definitely have a problem with.

This kind of thing has been going on since the game started. Nothing to do with new types of fan. I bought a ticket from a Villa fan for the 1971 Final against Spurs. Face value was 7/6p,charged me a quid  :P

• Like 1

Been amazed at the utter garbage I've seen from many - not just a few - on here and elsewhere. People getting slagged off just for asking/begging for tickets. Others slagged off for daring to sell a spare ticket to the highest bidder or for profit.

Some of you are on another planet !!!

• Like 1

Snitches get stitches

Been amazed at the utter garbage I've seen from many - not just a few - on here and elsewhere. People getting slagged off just for asking/begging for tickets. Others slagged off for daring to sell a spare ticket to the highest bidder or for profit.

Some of you are on another planet !!!

Lads today have paid good money for tickets and have been turned away as they were fakes/lost/duplicates. Are they on another planet as well?

Whether it "goes on" or how long it has "gone on for" is neither here nor there.

Tickets are provided on the condition that they are not re-sold. As far as I am concerned, there is a reason for this. Terms and conditions should be a starting point, just like the law is. If we are going to start breaching them, where do we stop? 

Â